Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Database Specialist, interested in joining our team in Boyce, VA (with occasional visits to Winchester, VA and Washington, DC) and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The ideal candidate provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establish goals and plans that meet project and service delivery objectives.
Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Has the ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
In this role you will support/lead development and maintenance of client and user support systems related to a broad range of business areas. Supervise or perform all activities related to the administration of computerized databases. Communicate with management, technicians, and end-users to evaluate need prior to development of an automated solution. Prepare detailed reports which might include system requirements such as concurrent usage factors, data storage requirements, response rates. D discuss procedures for processing data through the use of database management systems (DBMS) including relational data bases. Project long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers supporting client's information systems function. Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment. Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data. Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
* Proven experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex databases with respect to access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
* Extensive knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL).
* Experience in database programming and support systems design.
* Maintained database dictionaries.
* Monitored enterprise's overall adherence to of standards and procedures.
* Experience with file design and storage and integration of systems through database design.
* Proven capabilities at evaluating database design tradeoffs, impacts on user expectations, performance levels, and space allocation requirements.
* Certified in ITIL Foundations; ITIL Intermediate Certifications desirable.
* Experience with performing Functional Decomposition, Process/Data Modeling, Prototyping, Backlog Grooming, SWOT Analysis, Wireframes Creation and Decision Analysis.
* Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
* Desired Certifications: Oracle Certified Associate, Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle Certified Master, Oracle Certified Expert, Oracle Database Administrator, Oracle Fusion Middleware Developer, Microsoft Certified Database Administrator
* Strong oral and written communication skills
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Master's Degree in Computer Science, Systems Management or related field degree or higher and a minimum of 10 years of applications development experience,. Applicable advance certifications for the specified areas.
Local candidates only. Work location: Northern Virginia
Must have passed the equivalent of a High-Level Risk Background Investigation (or higher) prior to commencing work.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government's critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Req ID = 2017-2915