What you'll be doing...
Join our team working on a mission critical application that is serving our enterprise customers in the Service qualification space. You will be the key member responsible for owning the data that drives our application. This role provides a unique opportunity to be part of our AWS migration strategy. You will also have the opportunity to work with latest, cutting edge technology such as AWS Cloud, Kubernetes, J2EE and RDBMS such as Oracle.
* You will be the subject matter expert and main POC for all the data in our system
* You will be closely working with our Business partners•You will be working on feature enhancements, bug fixes
* Thinking out of the box to come up with new strategies to solve existing issues
* Ensure the external interfaces are working as expected
* Work with Quality Assurance for end to end testing and certification of the product delivered.
* Work in a fast-paced environment that fosters growth and learning.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Deep experience in Production data management/loads/extracts/analysis.
* Experience with Oracle 11gR2 and 12c database
* SQL/PL*SQL proficiency
* Working experience in UNIX/LINUX
* Shell scripting
* Experience using SFTP / FTP
Even better if you have:
* A degree
* Programming experience in Java/J2EE.
* AWS Certification
* Knowledge of Spring framework, REStful APIs and Microservices
* Experience with at least one data pipeline tool such as Kafka, AWS Lambda, etc.
* Experience with JIRA, GIT and other DevOps systems.
* Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
* Strong leadership and presentation skills.
* Strong analytical and communication skills
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.