*Open to multiple locations: Seattle/Palo Alto/Boston/Remote*
Amazon Aurora is the fastest growing service in the history of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to date, and the PostgreSQL-compatible edition of Amazon Aurora is the newest part of it. The PostgreSQL-compatible version of Amazon Aurora is a new relational database which offers enterprise-class performance, availability and durability - all at open source prices, along with the management benefits of RDS. The Aurora Accelerate team is focused on helping some of AWS's most strategic customer get the most out of Aurora PostgreSQL.
Aurora Accelerate team is currently looking for a talented Database Engineer with 5 to 10+ years of technical and leadership experience. We need individuals who are enthusiastic about working closely with customers and demonstrating the great capabilities of Aurora PostgreSQL. Candidates must be able to understand how customers are using their current databases and visualize new ways they can utilize Aurora. Database Engineers on the Accelerate team will be responsible for educating customers through Immersion Days, helping them architect new solutions with hands-on POCs, and act as the "Voice of the Customer" helping software engineers understand how strategic customers are using Aurora.
Candidates must have:
* Deep knowledge and experience designing and maintaining relational databases including PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL or SqlServer
* Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (EC2, EBS, S3, etc.)
* Possession of both technical and customer-facing skills enabling perception as a "trusted advisor" to customers to facilitate relationships with senior technical executives and give guidance to software developers, IT operations staff, and system architects.
* Broad awareness of customer workloads and use cases, including performance, availability and scalability
* Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage.
* Experience working directly with customers, resolving database, systems and infrastructure-related issues and also providing systems architecture leadership.
* Executive speaking and presentation skills - Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations
* Working knowledge of relational database internals (locking, consistency, serialization, recovery paths)
* Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (shell, Python, Perl).
* Coding skills in the procedural language for at least one database engine a must (PL/pgSQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL etc.)
* Excellent communication skills
* Consulting experience is a plus
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.