Senior Database Administrator - Oracle
Req #: WHQ00015858-LB
Location: Chicago, IL US
Job Category:Information Technology
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
This job is a Senior Database Administrator for the Oracle database area. This position will be responsible for supporting activities related to the design, development, and implementation for United's Airline Operations, Technical Operations and Share Services database, and will be providing 24x7 production support for these Oracle databases.
* Responsibilities include working with the various application teams on supporting and implementing application changes, database enhancements, and database production support, including incident, problem and change management. This position will align with the portfolio application development teams to deliver best-in-class database to achieve business goals
* Responsible for physical design and implementation of Oracle databases, including designing, building, implementing and managing databases.
* Responsible for the 24x7 support of Oracle databases. This includes maintaining database service levels and availability goals; database monitoring and performance tuning; database backup and recovery; resolving production database incidents and implementing applications releases.
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
* Experience supporting critical production environments using Golden Gate and or Data Guard
* 5+ years of experience managing 24x7 critical systems
* 5+ years applicable experience in the design/administration/support of Oracle or more DBMS platforms; or 3+ years equivalent in depth experience in the design, administration, implementation, and support of a database.
* The ideal candidate will have the experience in the above related areas, in addition to experience with 4 or more of the following: systems software networking tools, application development, multidimensional tools, knowledge of relational databases, logical modeling, object modeling and data warehousing.
* Knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, Word and Excel
* Decision making, formal presentation, gaining commitment, innovation, negotiation, performance management, safety awareness, stress tolerance and technical/professional knowledge
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
* Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
* Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
* OCP, Oracle Certified Professional
* 7-10 years of experience managing 24x7 critical systems
* Dedication, flexibility, problem solving, self-development, task management
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
About United Airlines
United Airlines is an airline operating a domestic and international route network.