A pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, TRC Companies, Inc. is a global consulting, engineering and construction management firm that provides technology-enabled solutions to the power, oil and gas, environmental and infrastructure markets. We serve a broad range of public and private clients, steering complex projects from concept to completion to help solve the toughest challenges. TRC is ranked #19 on ENR's list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States.
TRC is currently seeking a full-time Senior Database Administrator professional to work within our New Providence, New Jersey office location, reporting to the Practice Director of Collaboration Technologies. The Senior DBA performs many related database functions across one or more teams or clients, including designing, implementing and maintaining new databases, backup/recovery, and configuration management. He or she will be responsible for providing input for modification of procedures and updating documentation used for problem resolution and day-to-day maintenance. The position is responsible for analysis, designing codes; testing, documentation, and maintaining software program applications/systems necessary to support end user functions. He or she will be responsible for creating and/or maintaining multiple application and work as a team to accomplish task relating to application and database lifestyles.
* Install and configure new SQL Servers,
* Provide ongoing maintenance and patching,
* Resolve Performance issues, database and server security, database backup and recovery,
* Handle other SQL Server related duties as assigned.
* Work in both OLTP and OLAP environments.
* Manage SQL licensing, Budgeting and growth.
* Manage full development life cycle; budgeting, planning, communication and documenting.
* Prepares scripts to automate administration tasks.
* Plans and performs database server upgrades and determines standards for server configuration.
* Performs database reviews and provides input to database design.
* Writes and reviews stored procedures and makes recommendations for optimization.
* Build and Maintain SSIS packages which do various ELT and other jobs.
* Build and maintain SSRS and Power BI Reports and Dashboards.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science; technology, data analytics or equivalent area of discipline
* Over 10+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
* Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
* Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
* Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
* Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
* Excellent written and verbal communication Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality
* Ability to organize and plan work independently
* Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and team
* Over 5+ years' experience with Software Development
* Ability or work with strict change control procedures.
* Advanced knowledge or both on-premises systems and cloud technologies
* Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
* Experience designing machine learning systems is a plus
* Experience in research and implementing appropriate ML algorithms and tools is a plus
TRC Companies, Inc. offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.TRCcompanies.com.
TRC Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About TRC Companies
TRC is an engineering, consulting, and construction management firm providing integrated services to the energy, environmental, and infrastructure markets.