Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Senior Database Administrator
* Support data migration from Oracle to SQL Server, which include database schemas conversion, data conversion and data migration
* Designs entire system to meet defined requirements.
* Works out the details of functional and design requirements, systems design, programming specifications, data elements, data validation specifications, data capture mechanisms, and data conversion procedures through discussions with Government staff and own superiors.
* Translates the functional requirements into systems designs suitable for development of appropriate computer programs.
* Tests software, including preparation and use of sample data for testing purposes.
* Makes presentations of findings, recommendations, and specifications in formal reports and in oral presentations.
* Develops systems documentation required in the task orders.
* Consults with Government staff and with other Contractor staff to assure understanding of task objectives, identifies problems and suggests improvements.
* Provides technical expertise, direction and supervision to lower level personnel.
* May sometimes function as a technical supervisor or team leader for a project.
* Reports on progress to Government staff and to superiors.
* Provides user and technical documentation and training for systems developed.
* Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
* 10+ years of PL/SQL and SQL experience.
* Good hands-on experience in RDBMS database, and Oracle 12c and SQL Server 2016.
* Candidate must have strong working knowledge of migration from Oracle to SQL Server, which include database schemas conversion, data conversion and data migration.
* Candidate should have strong editing background and ability to work with multiple groups across the division.
* Undergraduate degree strongly preferred; preferably in the computer science or information management/technology disciplines.
* Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Extensive experience writing stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers for both platforms.
* Experience with data migration and creating schemas.
* Strong T-SQL knowledge.
* Good understanding of end-to-end data conversion/ migration concepts.
* Advise business on options, risks, and any impacts related to data conversion & migration.
* Knowledge of Oracle and PL/SQL scripting, databases, data structures, and data types/formats
* Responsibilities include end-to-end data migration activities such as: data analysis, mapping, writing extraction logic and data quality & validation processes to ensure the successful migration of data from Oracle to SQL Server 2016.
* Coding Web Applications.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement