Search for more jobs
Senior Data Warehouse Developer-Analyst
* Job: 21184-MMCC
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Business Applications and Tools
The Senior Data Warehouse Developer-Analyst will join a highly skilled and accomplished Data Warehouse team supporting the business intelligence needs of our product development and electronic products and services organizations. Through the construction and enhancements of our data marts, you'll be making important contributions to the analysis of product features and customer engagement. This role is responsible for the complete development lifecycle, including data profiling, design and development, debugging/testing, and support and enhancements. You will work closely with our stakeholders and other members of MathWorks IT. We're looking for someone who is data-driven, a great communicator, is naturally curious, and has the initiative to dive-in and help us grow this area.
* Profile and understand the large amounts of source data available, including structured and semi-structured/web activity data
* Work with data originators to fill in gaps in the data collected, and/or to adjust source-system data structures to facilitate analysis and integration with other company data.
* Gather reporting and analysis requirements and translate into reporting structures data models, including aggregate tables, pivoted tables, and relational and dimensional (star-schema) marts.
* Use data mining techniques to analyze the source data and determine the best reporting structures to build
* Map sources to the target design using a variety of tools, including BusinessObjects Data Services/BODI. Design and develop ETL code to load and transform the source data from various formats (including key-value pair and variable-structure data) into a SQL database.
* Conduct ETL performance tuning, troubleshooting, support, and capacity estimation.
* Conduct thorough testing of ETL code changes to ensure quality of data produced
* Provide day-to-day support and mentoring to end users who are interacting with the data.
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
* Expertise with data warehouse
* Expert-level ETL development using tools such as Informatica PowerCenter or SAP Data Services
* Expert-level SQL coding/querying skills in SQL Server and/or MySQL
* Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Crystal, Business Objects, Microsoft SSRS, or Oracle OBIEE.
* Exposure to Amazon RDS and RedShift, and/or Google BigQuery
* Experience with relational database design/modeling using tools such as ERstudio or ERwin.
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, flexible environment, and take the initiative to learn new tools quickly.
* Exposure to dealing with unstructured or semi-structured data
* Exposure to dealing with the challenges of large relational data sets, including load performance, query performance, archiving, etc.
* Experience with big-data technologies such as Hadoop/Hive, MongoDb, or other NoSQL-based data stores
* Exposure to one or more of these tools: MATLAB, Python, SAS, SPSS
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.