What you'll be doing...
As part of the Systems of Insight (SOI) - Emerging Technology group under Verizon Business, you will drive AI/ML and Analytics initiatives in Verizon 2.0 Business Group segment.
You will proactively evaluate state of the art emerging technologies and build and enhance next generation Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning solutions for several data driven initiatives in Verizon's Business Group unit.
* Develop and maintain a reference architecture that drives a next generation big-data based AI/ML platform infrastructure.
* Drive transformation that aligns with the tenets of an Agile/DevOps support model.
* Act as a change agent and advocate across the SOI organization for new technologies and methodologies that enable higher levels of business agility and operational excellence.
* Build consensus across technical and application teams to drive adoption of existing/new infrastructure and development technologies and maximize speed to market and ROI.
* Work with application teams to define requirements and recommend new solutions for the various end user applications.
* Mentor other Data/BI engineers to ensure they become more proficient in understanding and developing Big Data/AI-ML solutions.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of equivalent work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in AI/ML Model Engineering, Enterprise Architecture, Data Structures, and Algorithms.
* Experience in one or more of the following areas: RPA, Chatbots, BI, Cloud computing with a focus on tools, technology, and development methods pertaining to Data Analytics.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or related technical discipline or PhD in similar discipline.
* Experience influencing industry trends and customer sentiment around new technology adoption.
* Experience in Technical Architecture, Data warehouse/databases, Big data platform, cloud computing.
* Knowledge of development, testing, infrastructure, operations, technical architecture, and corporate functions (e.g. security compliance, governance, etc.).
* Experience working with a globally distributed Software Development Team.
* Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
* Experience in managing projects working on AI/ML Platforms such as Tensor Flow, Open Source Machine Learning tools, Python, DataRobot, Google Analytics, H2O.
* Experience with GSuite (Google Slides, Docs, etc.) or MS Office suite (Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
* Ability to effectively communicate through presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work across multiple, diverse teams.
* Experience aligning messaging with executives.
* Technical leadership experience.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.