The Dynamics Fraud Protection (DFP) team has a unique opportunity that combines the challenges and opportunities of artificial intelligence and cloud computing. The team has just announced the public preview of a state-of-the-art fraud detection service for external customers. This service draws heavily from the team's experience protecting Microsoft's own eCommerce transactions that run into the billions of dollars each year. Besides continuing to build more advanced features in the fraud protection area, our external customers have been asking us for a comprehensive account compromise protection capability to complement fraud protection.
We are looking for a passionate, innovative and experienced Data Scientist with a strong background in machine learning and deep learning to help build an industry leading account compromise protection capability into our product. As a Senior Data Scientist in DFP, you will collaborate with our engineering team, partner teams and researchers in Microsoft working in the identity and security area to build an industry leading offering.
If you are seeking an iterative, fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world delivery challenges, and have business impact on a global scale, this is your opportunity. Join us and be a part of this exciting journey
* MS/PhD in Computer science, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or Physics with strong knowledge of machine learning.
* 6+ years of industry experience handling web scale volumes of data, with a proven track record of leveraging data science practices to drive significant business impact. Experience should span Deep Learning, statistical modeling, machine learning, optimization methods, econometrics, graph theory and NLP.
* 2+ years of experience in applying deep learning models.
* Strong skills in at least 3 areas such as Python, R, SQL, C#, Java or Scala.
* Experience with Deep learning frameworks like CNTK, Tensorflow etc. and Big data technologies like COSMOS/SCOPE, Hadoop/Hive, PySpark, SparkR, Databricks etc.
* Strong theory/algorithmic background and good understanding on how to apply current research to solve real problems
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Develop production ready ML models using current ML/Deep learning techniques
* Collaborate closely with Engineering, and PM teams to build the right service offering
* Identify and investigate new technologies, prototype and test options for service enhancements.
* Add strategic thought leadership in the AI/ML area
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.