Spotify is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the Platform & Partner Experiences tribe. Our tribe is responsible for all of Spotify's consumer experiences outside of Spotify's core iOS and Android applications. We focus on areas like desktop, TVs, speakers, cars, wearables, and partner application integrations to make Spotify available wherever our users are.
Your role is to turn terabytes of data into insights and get a deep understanding of music and listeners to impact the strategy and direction of our consumer experience. You will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, content, platform integrations, new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you'll do:
* Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers and engineers who are passionate about Spotify's consumer experience across platforms and partners
* Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights on user behavior that will help drive product and design decisions
* Lead and project manage insights work, including supporting the work of more junior colleagues
* Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
* Work from our offices in Stockholm
Who you are:
* You have at least 5+ years of experience in a similar data analyst role and a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics or another quantitative discipline
* You have a strong business sense and are motivated by achieving impact through insights work
* You are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems and lead insights work
* You are a communicative person that values building positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
* You have the competence to perform advanced analytics:
* Experience performing analysis with large datasets
* Coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala)
* Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, R, SPSS, SQL, or Hadoop)
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.