Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Moat/Oracle Data Cloud
We help brands and media companies push the envelope on privacy-friendly models of advertising, help them make sound product decisions that involve running fewer ads, help make their ads load faster, fight botnets, and strive to de-fund fake news. We help the world's top publishers and marketers make smarter decisions through real-time data. Our analytics and intelligence software is used by The New York Times, Condé Nast, Kellogg's, P&G, Spotify, and hundreds of other major platforms and advertisers, and we have unique measurement integrations into Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
* Research, invent, and implement new ad telemetry methods that are robust to reverse engineering
* Design experiments, analyze data, and draw conclusions to support business decisions and guide your own work
* Build predictive models for fraud detection, bot detection, and many other problems
* Write robust, distributed applications to perform streaming classification on billions of datapoints per day
* Identify and investigate suspicious websites and impression data to predict, infer, and outmaneuver the activity of people committing and disguising online ad fraud
* Bachelor's, Masters or PhD in related field
* 5 years experience with data-intensive backend programming
* Expertise in one or more of the following areas: data science and analysis, distributed data processing, bot detection, browser fingerprinting, security
* You have sound knowledge of statistics fundamentals
* You understand experimental design, and can build systems that support the measurement and interpretation of their own behavior
* You have strong Bash and Linux systems skills
* You are curious, and willing to accomplish things that nobody can tell you exactly how to do
About the Team
* We are passionate, excited, and thrive in a fast paced culture.
* We love sharing our knowledge and learning about new technologies.
* We are the type of people who take risks when looking for novel and creative solutions to complex problems.
* We care about solving big-picture, systemic problems-looking beyond the surface to understand root causes so that we can build complete and long-term solutions.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.