The Network Business Analytics team is hiring a strategic thinker to join a high profile, high visibility team that powers Network analytics and strategy for Verizon. You will be part of a team that drives business decisions and optimized capital investment for all of Verizon's Networks. That includes building tools, creating analyses, and discovering insights into our Networks that can be used to optimize our capital plan across networks including OneFiber.
We create actionable operational and strategic insights as well as visualizations for senior leaders in the company across multiple organizations. You will be part of the team that shapes multi-billion dollar investments for the nation's largest and fastest 4G LTE Network, and next-generation investments into 5G and OneFiber. This is a job for an intelligent, decisive, quick, forward-thinking, strategic, and tactical thought leader. You should have exceptional influencing skills and preferred experience working across areas and levels of an organization.
* Create a capital model for OneFiber collaborating with a large cross-functional team that also integrates with other planning models across a rolling budget cycle. * Optimize capital across Networks including collaboration with teams across OneFiber, 4G and 5G. * Identify strategic advantages and synergies across diverse set of Networks to improve capital and spend efficiencies across the organization. * Architect and design solutions to complex predictive & prescriptive modeling challenges including capital optimization across our Networks. * Research and develop analyses, forecasting, and optimization methods to integrate our planning models across Verizon's Networks. * Develop and implement machine learning and optimization models across multiple platforms to create scalable solutions with actionable insights from complex data sets. * Lead strategic efforts across the Network organization, leveraging advanced analytics to optimize processes and procedures that lead to improved Network KPIs, capital optimization and cost reduction. * Use statistical modeling and analysis to understand relationships between diverse forms of customer data, network data and business KPI's. * Design and implement data architecture, analytics environments, and methodologies for analyzing and storing large sets of structured and unstructured data.
* Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through effective visualization of quantitative information. * Define key success metrics and create dashboards / reports to communicate results and monitor KPIs across our Networks. * Lead a large strategy team to develop and communicate Verizon's Network technology strategy for OneFiber, 4G and 5G integration. * Lead the creation of new data processes as identified through industry benchmarking and collaboration with Verizon's data scientist community.
Cross Functional Collaboration:
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously, adapt to changing priorities and meet aggressive deadlines. * Being the go-to-person for Network & technical modeling questions, including familiarity with next-gen network architecture and applications. * Collaborate with IT and business stakeholders to ensure data governance audit standards. * Participate in cross-functional project teams as predictive modeling subject matter expert for OneFiber capital modeling.
* Analyze complex data sets, draw conclusions and relationships and develop actionable recommendations. * Effectively communicate actionable insights to category leads supporting their goals and objectives. * Prepare executive level presentations to clearly articulate results of complex mathematical analyses.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience. * Six or more years of relevant work experience. * Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* MBA or a Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., computer science, computer engineering, statistics, operations research, industrial engineering, economics, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering). * Experience programming/scripting/coding (SQL, Python, R, etc) and knowledge of relational databases. * Two or more years of experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau, Alteryx, PowerPivot). * Five or more years of experience in data modeling, programming, data mining, large scale data acquisition, transformation and cleaning of structured and unsecured data. * Experience with predictive modeling tools, machine learning tools (scikit-learn, PyTorch, Spark, TensorFlow, Keras, Theano etc.), and statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods. * Optimization modeling (CPLEX, gurobi). * Two or more years of experience with data warehousing technologies (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Teradata, MS SQL) is a plus. Familiarity with Hadoop ecosystem and NoSQL database technologies (HortonWorks, MongoDB, Cassandra). * Investigative mind-set with an attention to detail. * Ability to adapt to new challenges to overcome short-term hurdles by staying focused on the team's deliverables. * Capacity for quickly learning and using widely available tools and methodologies.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.