At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Position summary - Providing data-driven, action-oriented solutions to challenging business problemsThe Senior Cloud Data Engineer is responsible for the analysis of the Dragon Medical One cloud software and services. Contributing as part of the quality engineering team, the engineer will be interacting with peers in Europe, India and the US as with the DevOps team in Europe and the US. This role reports to the Director of Quality Engineering.
Principal duties and responsibilities -
* Business-minded data scientist with a demonstrated ability to deliver valuable insights via data analytics and advanced data-driven methods. Relied on as a key advisor in driving global, multibillion-dollar growth; gains in customer loyalty; and record-setting profit improvements.
* Analyze and processes complex data sets using advanced querying, visualization and analytics tools.
* Identified, measured and recommended improvement strategies for KPIs across all business areas.
* Develope intricate algorithms based on deep-dive statistical analysis and predictive data modeling that were used to deepen relationships, strengthen longevity and personalize interactions with customers.
* Synthesizes and leverages the business's dataset and data to enhance the business' capabilities for overall goal achievement.
* Is instrumental in helping the business continue its evolution into an analytical and data-driven culture.
* Supports relevant stakeholders through quantitative analytics, and the application of appropriate advanced analytics for the business's key initiatives.
* Play an analytical role researching, designing, implementing, and deploying full-stack scalable data analytics vision and machine learning solutions to challenge various business issues.
* Apply advanced statistical capabilities and delivers statistical models.
* Refine and draw reports and presentation on junior data science departmental performance as well as proposed data science and analytics strategies.
* Works with large sets of data and establishes accurate and scalable analytics systems across varied applications.
* Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education: BS in computer science or related discipline; MS or PhD degree preferred in technical mathematics, statistics, IT
Minimum years of work experience: 5+
Required skills: * Big Data Queries and Interpretation* Data Mining and Visualization Tools* Machine Learning Algorithms* Business Intelligence (BI)* Research, Reports and Forecasts* Data and Quantitative Analysis* Decision Analytics* Predictive Modeling* Data-Driven Personalization * KPI Dashboards and BPI Plans* Python, Hadoop, R, SQL* Predictive modeling* Quantitative analysis* Big data* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. * Experience with the Atlassian Tools such as JIRA/Confluence. * Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams (Engineering, QA, release management, network operations, product management, professional services, etc.). * Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technologies. * Must be action oriented, capable of multitasking well based on priorities. * Strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. * Providing guidance to Sr. and junior engineers, reviewing design proposals and code pull requests.
Preferred skills: Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.DevOps experience in dynamic SaaS or similar environments, especially systems and application administration and release/update tasks and automated configuration managementKnowhow of MS Azure cloud infrastructureBasics in software architecture: client-server, web services, load balancingBasic know-how about speech recognition
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Nuance Communications is a company providing voice recognition and natural language understanding solutions.