Microsoft is looking for a strong data scientist who will participate as a key member on an Office365 team focused on service capacity. The data scientist, in collaboration with software engineers and subject matter experts, analyzes and builds on massive data to improve scaling agility and service reliability. In this role, you will get exposure and responsibilities in many of the largest web traffic platforms in the world.
* Graduate degree in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Math, Physics, Statistics, or related discipline
* Technical data experience using Excel/R/SAS/STATA
* Coursework in pure/applied mathematics which includes analysis, statistics and combinatorics
* Coursework or experience in numerical analysis and optimization, e.g. linear and non-linear programming, constrained and unconstrained optimization etc.
* Coursework or knowledge of operations research, e.g. queuing theory
* Coursework or knowledge of machine learning a major plus
* T-SQL experience a major plus
* Proficiency in a programming language like C, C#, C++, Perl, Powershell, Python, Ruby, Haskell, or Julia
* Hands-on experience with mathematical modeling and statistical data analysis
* Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences
* Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross functional environment.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Capacity modeling and automation - that will help services to optimize infrastructure capacity, performance and improve end user experience
Optimize and innovate - Drive aggregate optimization in multiple Windows services through identification of common performance bottlenecks with innovative recommendations
Analyze and forecast capacity to continuously enhance overall performance, availability, reliability and scalability of several large-scale systems involving thousands of servers, exabytes of data and hundreds of millions of users
Evaluate systems and technology - Assess essential technical strategies for capacity management of highly complex systems
Cull statistical information to determine risk to the business; Use mathematical calculations to determine how sample data sets might be predictive of system and user trends
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.