Button's mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, connecting customers through higher-quality, better-performing user experiences. Along the way to building great tech for our partners, we've also built a phenomenal company for our employees and have been repeatedly recognized as one of NYC's best companies.
As a Manager of Data Science you will be responsible for defining Button's approach to embedding machine learning within our product, and creating dynamic and personalized experiences for consumers. You'll establish our machine learning process end-to-end, and work with data engineers to refine our platform and how it supports a tight machine learning workflow. You'll determine characteristics of customers, brands, products, and publishers that predict how customers respond to personalized experiences, identify opportunities to leverage these insights with new data-driven experiences, and provide mentorship and technical leadership across the Data and Engineering organizations.
AS A MANAGER OF DATA SCIENCE YOU WILL:
* Design, build, and maintain the predictive models that will form the basis of Button's future
* Identify opportunities to shorten our learning and deployment cycles
* Work alongside data engineers to build targeted enhancements to our data platform
* Infer attributes of customers, products, merchants, publishers and more to support experiences that spark joy for end consumers in a privacy-conscious way
* Manage and understand our exposure to model risk
* Provide leadership within the Data organization by demonstrating excellence and embodying Button's values
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
* Enthusiasm for supporting personal growth on their teams
* Experience deploying and evaluating machine learning models in production
* Facility with a variety of raw data sources, such as Redshift, APIs, S3 logs.
* Open and active in sharing knowledge and excellent communication skills
* Expert critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
* Brad Groff, Director of Data: Brad is the head of the Data team at Button. Before joining us, he ran data science and data engineering at Ordergroove, and managed data science teams at Capital One and Booz Allen Hamilton. In his free time, he can be found engaging in lengthy discussions with his daughter on topics such as which colors are his favorite colors and why, how some monsters can be nice and others can be mean (but sometimes just because they're hungry), and which things are the silliest things.
Mijail Gomez, Data Science Engineer: Mijail has worked on event ingestion, data processing frameworks, data standardization, and experimentation frameworks. He loves having discussions on data architecture, systems and tech. Before Button he was in SF working in early stage startups. Outside of work he enjoys soccer, hiking, and exploring new burger places in NYC.
Liwei Mao, Senior Software Engineer: Liwei builds data pipelines, design controlled product experiments, and creates beautiful visualizations to present data collected at Button. She spends her free time searching for delicious food and reading in the sun.
Justin Tse, Data Scientist: Justin's responsibilities at Button include experimentation, modeling, and supporting product releases. Outside of the office you can find him mixing cocktails or taking pictures around NYC.
MORE ABOUT US:
* Button was founded in 2014. We believe and invest in individual and organizational growth, and we've got the results to back it up. We've raised over $64 million in venture capital and have been recognized year after year as one of the best places to work by Fortune, Inc., Entrepreneur, and Crain's.
* We value diversity and come from all sorts of different backgrounds. Some of our teammates hail from big tech companies like Google and Uber, other tech startups, and big finance companies. And for several folks on our team, Button is their first tech job. Regardless of where you're from, we look for teammates excited to grow with one of our core team values: "We are all students and we are all teachers".
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work-regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.
About Button, Inc.
Button is an acquisition and retention platform built for the mobile economy.