What We Do At Gigster and Why
Gigster accelerates the delivery of digital transformation applications, giving companies the agility to thrive in a software-defined world. Simply put: we build applications that matter, at startup speed. We're a series B, Andreessen Horowitz backed company on track to hit $50MM in revenue by the end of 2019. Other investors include Redpoint Ventures and Greylock Partners.
Whether from our office in downtown San Francisco, which features stunning views of the Bay, or from remote home offices, our team works together to disrupt systems integrators like Accenture by offering customers fixed-price projects. We employ a unique talent model, powered by a technology platform and a proven development methodology that enables virtual teams to deliver high-impact software applications quickly and consistently.
Gigster's unique business model creates many opportunities for personal and career growth. We partner with several world renowned companies like Google and Dentsu and drive digital transformation for global businesses and brand leaders like Canon, Clorox, GlaxoSmithKline, Harley Davidson, Prudential, and Staples, AND we empower the workforce of the future - top global talent in our Gigster Talent Network. We enable these talented individuals to work on projects that matter and that matter to them (at competitive rates and with ultimate flexibility and independence) and to belong and thrive in the Gig Economy regardless of where they call home.
We are intentional about a diverse and inclusive culture. We care about being "whole humans" and about bringing all of ourselves to work - humans first, professionals second.
Like most fast-growing start-ups in the tech industry, we have a constantly changing environment. We value passionate and resourceful team members with a growth mindset who enjoy working collaboratively to solve hard problems.
About the Role
For the first time, it is now possible to measure team performance as well as the end-to-end process of developing software and truly understand how teams and software ultimately drive business impact. After delivering over 1000 software projects for both large enterprises and startups, Gigster has amassed a one of a kind data set about software teams, productivity, and business impact. We invite you to come and drive industry-leading thought leadership based on this data set with answers to age-old questions in software and management science as well as product related questions around what truly drives business impact. What investments should be made to engage customers? What makes software teams productive? How does remote work impact outcomes? What aspects of the software process can be automated? What is quality and how can it be incentivized?
You will work closely with Sales, Marketing and delivery and have access to Gigster's data from software projects, teams, and real-time collaboration tools. You will be crucial to unearthing and communicating insights. You will work directly with the Co-founder & CTO and have end-to-end autonomy. Your findings will drive Gigster's ability to communicate value to clients in a data-driven way as well continuously improve its software development platform. Your work will have visibility across the company as well as outside of it via thought leadership articles and conferences.
* Communicate data-driven insights about how to build impactful software via articles and physical events
* Perform analyses to understand key drivers of customer outcomes as well as pointers for streamlining tools and processes
* Carry out specific investigations to uncover insightful correlations and patterns
* Drive sessions with key customers
* 5+ years experience in lead product, engineering or data roles
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Sound statistical intuition and analytical skills
* Extensive experience using data to influence business outcomes
* Experience with Python, R, Julia or similar
* Experience with relational databases
* Solid grasp of modern technologies and experience using them to drive enterprise scale business outcomes
* An undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics
* Scrappiness and ability to work autonomously.
Highly Preferred Competency
* Machine learning expertise
* Experience with non-relational databases
* An MS or PhD in a quantitative field
You should not have to spend any time worrying about whether you are paid more than fairly for what you contribute to our team (and to the world!). We offer competitive cash and equity compensation. We frequently review whether our compensation is competitive to market and to ensure internal parity and we make thoughtful and discretionary adjustments accordingly and during frequently scheduled reviews and cycles.
CURRENT BENEFITS & PERKS
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer:
* Competitive health, dental, and vision coverage
* Wellness and fitness stipend(s)
* Flexible time off - work hard, but take time away when you need it for moments that matter in your life that require you to disconnect from work
* 401K Plan - invest in your future
* Commuter Contributions - we all rely on different ways to commute…
* Shared experiences and meaningful offsites vs. meaningless perks
* At HQ:
* Healthy drinks and snacks for whenever you need sustenance
* Catered meals daily
* Life-changing work you'll want to brag about - solving real, challenging problems in partnership with exceptional and unique colleagues
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
We are excited to work with and welcome applications from anyone who shares our values and who are qualified for the role that they apply for regardless of: race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, familial pedigree, education, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Gigster is a company that provides on-demand software development and design services for building applications and websites.