We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
United Airlines is seeking talented people to join its Data Science team. The team is responsible for ingraining data science throughout the enterprise and researching emerging data science techniques.
The Senior Data Scientist is responsible for developing and delivering models that can be applied primarily within United's Operations (e.g. Airport Operations, Technical Operations). The Senior Data Scientist will also partake in research and development, understanding emerging trends in data science and developing proof of concepts for applications within United. The Senior Data Scientist will leverage common data analytics and data science tools like SQL, R, Python and PySpark. The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for communicating results of data science projects to a wide variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Develop and deliver solutions to business problems using Machine Learning
* Prepare and present findings and analysis
* Ensure alignment with stakeholder objectives and enterprise goals
* Explore and define new applications of AI that demonstrate business value
* Keep track of new technologies to get ahead of competition and create analytics as a competitive advantage for United
* Bachelor's degree in quantitative fields such as Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science * 4+ years of experience in data science or related analytical field * Extensive knowledge of machine learning and statistics * Ability to quickly understand, process and consume industrial scale databases using SQL * Strong experience in R and/or Python * Demonstrated intellectual curiosity with data * Demonstrated ability to communicate and work with multiple cross-functional teams
* Graduate degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related analytical discipline * Experience in building recommendation systems, natural language processing systems and/or computer vision applications * Prior consulting experience * Experience working in Cloud environment (AWS preferred)
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
* Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification * Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position