Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We keep businesses and institutions running, and enable individuals and families to rebuild their lives. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. It's a culture driven by our people, almost 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Good companies offer you a career. A great company will offer you a sense of purpose. And that's the Gallagher difference. When you join us, you become part of a close-knit and collaborative culture that's making a difference in the lives of others around the globe. We're proud to have been recognized by Ethisphere as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies each year for seven years running. And, Forbes named Gallagher as one of the 2000 best places to work in the world.
The data scientist will partner with sales, marketing, and operations for Gallagher's Brokerage segment. You will leverage company and external data to develop predictive models and other insights that provide business leaders with suggestions for revenue and process optimization. The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing large data sets and developing predictive models. Good communication skills are essential as you will provide highly technical, analytical assessments to team leaders.
* Independently develop predictive models, leveraging internal and external data, to optimize sales performance, customer experience, and marketing spend. Build models in a cloud environment, and work with the team to ensure any business-accepted models can be deployed to production. * Understand and define business problems and identify the data needed to solve problems. * Coordinate with business analysts and data engineers to gather data for analysis. Lead testing of data quality and completeness for modeling attributes. * Produce written reports and recommendations for internal consumption, including problem statement, methods, interpretation of findings, and business implications. * Provide ad-hoc support to internal clients for data mining and other analytics. * Mentor junior data scientists and data analysts. * Technology is always changing. Continue improving machine learning and programming skills.
* Degree in quantitative field, such as data science, statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance, or economics. * 5 years of experience using statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models that influence company decision-making. Proficient with building data pipelines from larger data sets. * Excellent problem solving skills as well as critical thinking and conceptual thinking abilities. Intermediate to advanced proficiency in SQL and R or Python. * Experience with cloud tools and structures, preferably Azure. * Experience with distributed data and computing tools: MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc.
Nice to Have:
* Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data to team members. * Advanced proficiency in a programming language such as R or Python and experience with SQL and NoSQL databases. * 5 years developing data pipelines from larger data sets using cloud-based tools (i.e. AWS or Azure) and experience with distributed computing technology such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc. * Experience deploying models in a production environment including writing tests to improve code coverage, using version control (e.g. Git), and levering CI/CD tools (i.e. Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI, etc.). * Continuous learner and passion for data science which could include writing blog posts, attending/speaking at conferences, contributing to open source, etc. * Experience mentoring and developing junior data scientists. * Experience working in an agile environment and using agile software (Jira, Asana, Trello, etc.). * Master's or PhD in quantitative field, such as data science, statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance, or economics.
* Good communication skills to provide highly technical, analytical assessments to team leaders.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered * Must be 18 years of age or older * Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation * Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization * Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
About Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Arthur J. Gallagher helps clients address risk, protect their assets and recover from losses.