What's the role?
The Staff Risk and Investigations team within Bloomberg's Chief Risk and Compliance Office (CRCO) is responsible for implementing an Insider Threat program across Bloomberg, including designing and building dynamic models focused on detecting anomalous user behavior and other high risk events.
Bloomberg is seeking a highly capable individual to join the Staff Risk and Investigations team (SR&I) to help enhance the Insider Threat program by working closely with security and development teams to solve complex risk and security challenges.
We'll trust you to:
* Work with the relevant partners to help solve complex problems
* Collect and curate data needed to understand potential solutions to the problems
* Proactively explore, research, describe and analyze data
* Communicate the insights and results of your analysis the team
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with lines of business, and key partners and stakeholders including Information Security, Technology, Physical Security, Incident Management, Legal, HR and others
* Continuously evaluate changes in actors, tactics, techniques and targets to enhance threat scenarios and use cases and make recommendations to ensure a data strategy that maintains pace with a changing insider threat landscape
You'll need to have:
* Minimum of 6 years of data science/engineering experience
* Strong Python programming skills with an understanding of what it takes to write high quality code
* Familiarity and comfort with most aspects of Python 3 including object-oriented programming and the data science stack
* Initiative and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment with minimum supervision
* Demonstrated success in managing projects and working closely with business stakeholders
* Demonstrated expertise in working with and handling extremely sensitive materials and information
* Exposure to or knowledge of employment and/or privacy laws
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to work in a work in a fast paced environment including translation of complex concepts and issues into insights for Senior Management and non-technical audiences
* Awareness of latest cyber security trends and developments
We'd Love To See:
* Experience in a role related to insider threat, corporate investigations, internal audit, counterintelligence, compliance, risk or related field
* A passion for designing and building software to help solve problems
* Good conceptual knowledge of probability and statistic
* Familiarity/interest in learning our technology stack:
* Python 3 development experience (flask, SQLAlchemy, requests, etc.)
* Python data science stack (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, sklearn, Jupyter, etc.)
If this sounds like you: Apply! If we believe you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel "Inside Bloomberg" www.youtube.com/InsideBloomberg
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status