Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That's the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we're constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we've launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
We're looking for an accomplished Senior Data Scientist who has leadership experience or ambitions to become a leader. You'll work closely with the marketing and finance teams, you'll develop rigorous models to help us understand the value of our players and maximize the impact of our marketing efforts. You'll lead our real-time bidding initiative -- the Analytics team's most challenging and exciting project. You'll have a great deal of independence. We'll expect you to use it wisely and aggressively.
Pocket Gems is a true meritocracy, so this is a wide open opportunity. If you have solid analytical know-how and are driven to make an impact, we'd love to speak with you.
What You'll Do:
* Develop and maintain lifetime value models for each of our games
* Develop methods to maximize the impact of our marketing efforts
* Lead our real-time bidding initiative
* Mentor junior members of the Analytics team
What You Bring to Analytics Team:
* Master's degree in math, physics, or statistics
* Five years professional analytics experience (mandatory)
* Experience deploying machine learning models in production environments
Extra Gems For:
* Leadership and/or consulting experience
* Digital marketing experience, especially in real-time bidding
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.