Senior Data Scientist
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Excited by using massive amounts of data to develop Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) applications? Want to help the largest global enterprises tackle cyber security challenges through the adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Eager to learn from many different enterprise's use cases of ML/DL and Big Data in Cyber Security? Thrilled to be key part of British Telecom Security, who has been investing in Machine Learning, pioneering and shaping the world's analytics security technology? Ambitious to contribute and lead Data and Analytics strategy for multinational company?
At British Telecom Security, we are building ML and DL products to help large enterprises handle their cyber security problems by leveraging their massive cyber data. We are applying a wide spectrum of analytics techniques to large volumes of data and against a variety of security problems. We pride ourselves on being a cutting-edge global engineering team and highly focused on the success of our customers. If you have experience with AI, including building ML or DL applications on Big Data, we'd like to have you join our team. You will get to work with an innovative multinational company, with great teammates, and have a lot of fun.
Successful candidate enjoys diving deep into massive data, doing advanced analysis, and designing and building AI solutions for cyber security. The role holder is enthusiastic about understanding customers' needs and challenges, market gaps and opportunities in order to design and implement innovative technical solutions that help clients set and exceed ambitious goals. The role holder loves to learn, practice and wants to innovate in the world of AI, Big data and Cyber Security.
The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for researching, developing, deploying, delivering and supporting Cyber Advanced Analytics products and solutions for both BT and its clients globally to time, cost and quality. The Senior Data Scientist will have in-depth knowledge and excellent expertise across a wide variety of data science and analytics techniques to provide influence and leadership in adapting these skills in the realm of advanced security services including but not limited to the domain of cyber security.
What you'll be doing
* Provide innovative and cutting-edge ideas including architectural design input into further developing the capabilities of BT's principal advanced security platforms and offerings.
* Design, build, validate, deliver, integrate and present the advanced analytical capabilities using statistical, ML and DL on large volumes of data for internal and external customers.
* Contribute to conceptual, algorithmic and architectural design, documentation, experiment, prototype, development, testing and deployment of ML/DL solutions on big data platform.
* Translate and interpret customer requirements to analytics opportunity to build analytics product and, articulate and present back the proposed solutions to client in simplified format.
* Participate in consultation activities for British Telecom customers around the world by running knowledge transfer sessions, requirement engineering workshops, POC and RFI as required.
* Participate in sales and pre-sales activities globally including sales meetings, POC, HLD, LLD and RFI to support account managers in the field of security analytics.
* Manage and lead security analytics projects including requirement engineering, solution design, Data analysis, POC and prototype for BT customers around the world.
* Thought Leadership
* Participate in continuously evolving the top end of BT's thinking and operational capability at the intersection of Big Data Analytics, Advanced Analytics and Cyber Security.
* Participate in roadmap and strategy of BT security around data and analytics through market research, customers interaction, competitor evaluation and vendor assessment.
* Participate in design, practice and review of the best practice operation framework for BT security analytics team in relation to other business units with BT security.
* Research and Development
* Maintain knowledge of current trends and latest applications in the fields of Advanced Data Analytics, ML, DL, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data Analytics, Cyber Security and Intelligence platforms.
* Design and practice Innovation methods such as design thinking to explore new opportunities and build innovative and differentiative analytic capabilities.
* Partner and engage with research arms like BT R&D, universities and research organizations and communities around the world to understand new trends in Data, Analytics and AI through attending and presenting in summits, conferences and workshops.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Extensive knowledge and industry experience (5 years) of Machine Learning techniques and the ability to implement them in Big Data Platforms.
* Extensive knowledge and industry experience (5 years) with ML development using: Scala, Python and R and libraries like Scikit-learn, SparkML, Caret and MLR.
* Adequate knowledge and industry experience (2 years) with DL development using Tensorflow, Keras, MXNet, Theano, CNTK and Caffe 2 and potentially GPUs.
* Adequate knowledge and industry experience (2 years) with working on Big Data platforms such as Hadoop, HDFS, Kafka, Spark and Spark Streaming, AWS and Google Cloud stacks.
* Experience of working in a complex technical development and integration environment to build software that will be deployed into production environments with high-quality documentation.
* Experience of Linux system administration and Linux system troubleshooting desirable.
* Demonstrable track record of leveraging Data Science skills to find innovative approaches to problems.
* Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
* Demonstrable track record of leadership and managing a team of Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers and Data Engineers.
* Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customer's organization
* Knowledge of Security and Cyber telemetry, log feeds and intelligence platforms is preferred.
* Track record of scientific and business publications and presentation is preferred.
* Works under broad direction.
* Full accountability for own technical work and project responsibilities.
* Receives assignments in the form of objectives.
* Work is often self-initiated.
A PhD or Master Degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent industry experience.
Why choose us?
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We're creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That's why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.