Insulet Corporation, maker of the OmniPod, is the leader in tubeless insulin pump. The Sr Data Scientist role is responsible for supporting research and development of global analytics and data science initiatives, according to Insulet's data analytics strategy. Working with the Manager, Analytics Technologies, you will develop tools and processes to transform data into insights with subject matter experts from cross-functional teams. Using machine learning and pattern recognition techniques in time series data, you will develop algorithms to recommend optimal behaviors and pump parameters, to make a meaningful impact on the clinical outcome for our patients. You will collaborate with other Data Scientists in the Analytics COE to support efforts in R&D, medical affairs, post market quality assurance, and highly automated manufacturing, among others. We are a fast growing company that provides an energetic work environment, and tremendous career growth opportunities.
* Work with IT and cross functional teams to identify data sources, design data ingestion, clean up, and pre-processing scripts as needed.
* Leverage cloud computing technologies for automated machine learning and analytics pipelines, such as Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.
* Explore data patterns using existing data science tools and self-created programs.
* Perform statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and generate automated reporting as required.
* Develop and implement algorithms for insulin pump therapy optimization.
* Clearly communicate findings to a broad audience, in relation to business objectives.
* Mentor junior engineers/scientists.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
* Bachelors or Master's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or a closely related field is required.
* At least 2 years of work experience on machine learning, artificial intelligence, or statistical inferences.
* Experiences in medical device or healthcare industries is desirable.
* Goal-driven mentality
* Experience in one or more analytic software tools, such as Python, R, Matlab.
* Demonstrated proficiency in SQL and one or more relational databases, such as Oracle, Teradata, Microsoft SQL Server, etc
* Knowledge in non-relational databases (MongoDB) is a plus
* Experience in Business Intelligence tools, such as Spotfire, Tableau, Cognos.
* Demonstrated knowledge of software engineering principles and practices.
* Ability to work independently without detailed guidance, while maintaining effective communications with leaders and stakeholders.
* Ability to communicate effectively and document objectives and procedures.