AT&T's Media & Entertainment group provides an incredible video entertainment experience to millions of subscribers. The technology we develop is accessed across a wide range of devices, bringing hundreds of live channels and tens of thousands of video on demand titles to TVs, tablets and smartphones worldwide. We deliver this near flawless experience thanks to a team of expert developers who build amazing software on a massive scale, with infrastructure that powers everything from content acquisition, encryption, encoding to streaming, search, and much more! Our teams are the masterminds behind AT&T's products like NFL Sunday Ticket and DIRECTV NOW.
Leave a mark
Work for a Fortune 10 company on one of the most exciting video streaming service products in the world.
Play a big part in the success of AT&T while helping transform the tech scene in Los Angeles.
Grow and be part of something big
In the role of Sr Software Engineer II, using software development best practices (Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), CI/CD, TDD) you'll create incredible software at a massive scale using cloud-based technologies. As a developer for AT&T, you'll create life-changing innovations impacting millions of customers, using the latest microservices frameworks and technologies, collaborating with a passionate team of talented individuals.
We are a community that supports personal growth, learning and continuous improvement through external tuition reimbursement,
AT&T's own University, Lunch & Learns and team organized hack-a-thons. Our teams are actively involved in most major conferences and tech meetups in Los Angeles. We're also a gold member of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF); an open source software foundation dedicated to making cloud native computing universal and sustainable. As part of a small scrum team, you will personally make impactful decisions on how we will build our products!
What to expect
You'll be on a highly collaborative DevOps team that architects, designs, builds, deploys, tests and supports all aspects of the services we provide to millions of customers worldwide. As a global organization, you'll be part of a development team and collaborate with colleagues across multiple time zones!
We work with high performant microservices across a range of frameworks and technologies: Spring Boot, Node.js, Go - all interconnected via REST, Kafka, NATS and gRPC. In our org, we are moving away from narrowly defined roles to allow everyone to work on all aspects of their product and to try out new things.
We're a leader in diversity with a commitment to fostering an inclusive culture. We strive to be a great place to work and we embrace our responsibility to reduce our environmental impact on the planet and are committed to helping our customers use our technology for social good.
What you bring to the team
Strong technology foundation, unrelenting sense of pride in your work and excellent troubleshooting skills
End-to-end ownership mindset and a passion for learning and teaching
* Technical expertise regarding data models, data analysis and design, master data management, metadata management, data warehousing, business intelligence, and data quality improvement
* Expertise in server-side services using relational, document, key, object or graph data-stores, index stores and messaging stores, and secure data storage and transition
* Experience with current object storage and data management technologies and ability to influence architecture and design decisions
* 5+ years of experience with Java and/or Node.js; experience with Spring Boot and Go is a bonus
* Proven success building complex, large scale applications with large data sets to efficiently manage
* Deep knowledge of AWS environments, services, and management with container technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
* Successful track record of managing multiple simultaneous projects and priorities with cross-functional teams
* BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Learn more about AT&T: https://about.att.com/pages/company_profile and
Job ID 1932611 Date posted 07/10/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.