Arthur J Gallagher
Gallagher Bassett is the premier provider of global claims services, dedicated to exceptional customer service and demonstrably superior outcomes. GB helps people, teams and businesses overcome adversity and loss through the guiding expertise of over 5,000 claims professionals, all committed to going beyond expectations in the continuous pursuit of a better way.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Senior Data Integration Developer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Directs, prepares, designs, codes, tests, debugs, and maintains complex computer programs
* Under general direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives
* Works with users to support business applications, and investigate operational problems/system requirements
* Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results
* Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written
* Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs
* May be responsible for completion of a phase of a project
* Solves user inquiries that arise during day-to-day operation
* Regularly provides coaching, guidance and training to less-experienced analysts/programmers
* Collaborate with internal customers, prospects and stakeholders, understand and translates business use cases and/or requirements into data analysis and data mapping and consequently data integration routines which involves moving, cleansing and transforming large amount of data between multiple systems.
* Identifies data sources, provides data flow diagrams and documents source to target mapping and process.
* Collaborate with the Data Architect to recommend optimal data models for data ingestion
* Facilitate the development of data integration efforts by leading small teams of 1-2 junior developers in addition to hands on design and development of large complex ETL jobs.
* Design, implement and maintain database objects (tables, views, indexes, etc.) and database security.
* Validate data integration routines by developing and executing test plans and scenarios including data design, tool design, data extract/transform, networks, and hardware.
* Maintain the data warehouse performance by optimizing batch processing through parallelization, performance tuning etc.
* Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy and improvement.
* Ensure data quality through creation of audit controls, proactive monitoring and data cleansing techniques
* Bachelor's degree and 5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is required.
* Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
* Experience in Data Warehousing preferred.
* Experience in Development leveraging the Microsoft SQLServer or PDW/ASP data environments preferred.
* Experience in SSIS and use of Stored Procedures preferred.
* Bachelor's degree - preference in computer/information sciences or business/commerce.
* Strong communications skills - oral and written
* Self-starter with strong work ethic
* Flexible and resilient, handle various demands planned and unplanned
* Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
* Problem solver and desire to close issues, pragmatic and realistic with solutions
* Professional demeanor, working with senior level managers and vendors
* Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
* Strong sense of accountability, adaptability, flexibility and a sense of urgency.
* Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, organize and plan work to satisfy established time frames.
* Passionate about continuously improving organizational practices.
* Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly and self-directed.
* Ability to prioritize and multi-task across numerous work streams
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
* Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
About Arthur J Gallagher
Arthur J. Gallagher helps clients address risk, protect their assets and recover from losses.