We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Architecture team in Austin. This team member will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our cloud-native big data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing distributed systems as well as building them from the ground up.
The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company's data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
We are the leading technology provider for the $38 billion self-storage industry. Our solutions, which includes more than 15,000 facilities, offers consumers the ability to find, compare and book self-storage, manage the operations of their storage business, and a host of other capabilities that make them better business managers . We provide a suite of industry-leading web marketing tools for self-storage operators and have been chosen as a preferred partner by more major online brands than any other self-storage company.
In 2018, SpareFoot acquired SiteLink and storEDGE, global leaders in self-storage management software and in-house payment processing. The deal allows the combined business to accelerate investment, drive innovation and generate value for both consumers and facility operators.
We are now relaunching the combined company under one name and consolidating the way that all of the merged and acquired entities go to market.
For three consecutive years, SpareFoot has been recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine and the Austin American-Statesman for an exceptional company culture.
What you'll do everyday:
* Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
* Assemble large, complex data sets that meet both functional and non-functional requirements
* Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
* Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using various SQL and 'big data' technologies
* Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
* Work closely with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to design and deliver products and functionality to address analytical and functional data needs
* Create data tools for analytics and data scientist and business operations team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product
* Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
What you need to bring to the table:
* Computer science degree or equivalent experience
* 7+ years experience in software development, data engineering, BI development, and / or data architecture
* Experience with Python, SQL, AWS, RESTful APIs, and Tableau or other data visualization tools
* Consistent track record of leading successful delivery for a large-scale project or being a key contributor on multiple projects
* Consistent track record of positively influencing project direction and contributions to cross-functional and/or cross-organizational collaborations
Tech startup that makes finding and booking self-storage easy.