Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 30021
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): N/A
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
Capital group is continually evolving reliance on data, insights and advanced analytics to drive business outcomes. Our Information Delivery team is an exciting and fast-growing team focused on delivering data and analytics solutions while also advancing the role of emerging technologies such as Machine Learning, AI and automation to achieve business goals. Our solutions range from traditional data warehouse and BI/reporting to big data solutions and data science models.
As Data Engineer in Information Delivery Group responsible for all aspects of the delivery of data and analytics solutions that consolidate, store and retrieve structured and non-structured data from multiple applications and sources. You will partner with the business to influence ways to achieve business priorities and provide leadership through innovation, critical thinking, collaboration and proactive risk management.
* Collaborates with business partners as a hands on technologist, responsible for leading end-to-end data solution delivery to solve complex business problems
* Develops and displays thought leadership through a deep understanding of supported business capabilities, and applies industry trends/products/solutions to solving underlying business problems
* Performs data analysis on very complex datasets that span multiple source systems, develops a deep understanding of those complex relationships, and serves as a subject matter expert in those data domains
* Leads the analysis and design of complex data solutions, across all layers of the data platform, including data models/storage, pipelines (ETL and ETL), data science models, and visualization
* Leverages and promotes existing frameworks, and influences the development of new data framework and patterns. Serves as an advocate for team processes, maintains documentation artifacts, and provides feedback on team members' work products while mentoring more junior associates
* Drives supportability and the quality of the overall solution, while also adhering to functional and non-functional requirements, ensuring solutions are automated and tested early and often
* Collaborates with business, technology, and vendor partners to identify solution options, analyze pros and cons, make recommendations, and influence final decisions while tying multiple products/services together holistically
* Proactively keeps up to date on data-related technologies that could drive positive change, and seeks opportunities to share that knowledge with others
* Plans, estimates, and proposes work break down structure for the entire solution, including innovative approaches for managing the work, solution, and/or risks. Accountable for scope, timeline, and the costs of the proposed solution
* Proactively identifies and communicates issues, risks, progress to business and IT stakeholders, providing options and next steps
* Troubleshoots and supports the entire solution, across all layers of the data platform
* Minimum of 5-7 years delivering data solutions, including data warehousing, reporting and analytics
* Expert data analysis, data modeling, Business Intelligence/Reporting and visualization skills (e.g. Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services)
* Expert understanding of traditional RDBMS' and large scale compute and storage platforms like MPP databases (e.g. Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Teradata, Redshift), Hadoop, and Spark
* Expert technical knowledge of ETL and ELT technologies and a proven implementation track record with SQL, Informatica, Alteryx, and R or Python, with significant experience automating complex pipelines that include file based and API endpoints
* Expert technical knowledge of performance tuning and query optimization across large data sets
* Experience in troubleshooting infrastructure bottlenecks at the storage, network, and/or compute layers
* Strength in leadership, interpersonal, and problem solving skills with the ability to continually learn new concepts and technologies and effectively apply them
* Experience with Microsoft MPP database and Azure analytic platform services is desirable
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.