What you'll be doing...
Our GTS Digital IT Team is looking for a highly technical, Data Engineer to help us develop our next generation digital real time analytics platform.
* Closely collaborating with cross-functional teams.
* Designing, developing, and implementing data service architecture that ingests real time data streams, parses JSONS, and loads them in to multiple data persistence stores to provide real time and offline analytics.
* Building fact tables to facilitate quicker and easier data access.
* Building indices at Elastic Search to support real-time dash boards at Kibana, and building predictive models to support AI/ML.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience using Scala on Spark, especially building ETL and complex query models.
* Experience on Hadoop platform including Big Data tools.
* Experience in developing shell scripts and running cron/oozie/spark jobs on Hadoop platform.
* Experience with Kafka, hBase, and Hive.
* Experience on ElasticSearch and Kibana.
* Experience in accessing and modeling NoSQL data models, especially with Cassandra.
* Experience with APIs, JSON, OLTP and real-time data processing.
* Experience with Java Script.
* Working experience on Linux and Cloud platforms.
* Knowledge of Big Data Tools.
* Experience in building reports using Tableau.
* Knowledge of business intelligence and analytics industry and best practices.
* Experience using data wrangling, data engineering, and feature engineering software.
* Experience in interpreting data models to build user friendly visualizations/dashboards.
* Experience in statistical techniques and quantitative methodologies that are used in decision making applications.
* Ability to work independently, and multi-task under short deadlines, based upon general direction.
* Verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.