Namely's mission is to help mid-sized companies build a better workplace. We're an HR, payroll, and benefits platform that provides the technology, data, and support that HR professionals need and employees love to use. People are at the center of everything we do, and we believe every company and employee deserves a great workplace, supported by innovative HR technology. At Namely, we are problem solvers, self-starters, and obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients.
Do you have a passion for building data architectures that enable smooth and seamless product experiences? Are you an all-around data enthusiast with a knack for ETL? At Namely, we're hiring a Staff Data Engineer to help build and optimize the foundational architecture of our product's data.
We've built a strong data engineering team to date, but have a lot of work ahead of us, including:
* Migrating from relational databases to a streaming and big data architecture, including a complete overhaul of our data feeds * Defining streaming event data feeds required for real-time analytics and reporting * Leveling up our platform, including enhancing our automation, test coverage, observability, alerting, and performance
As a Staff Data Engineer, you will work with the development team to construct a data streaming platform and data warehouse that serves as the data foundations for the Namely product.
Help us scale our business to meet the needs of our growing customer base and develop new products on the Namely platform. You'll be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement best practices in technology, architecture, and process. You'll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, receive hands-on mentorship and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career!
* Build our next generation data warehouse * Build our event stream platform * Translate user requirements for reporting and analysis into actionable deliverables * Enhance automation, operation, and expansion of real-time and batch data environment * Manage numerous projects in an ever-changing work environment * Extract, transform, and load complex data into the data warehouse using cutting-edge technologies * Build processes for topnotch security, performance, reliability, and accuracy * Provide mentorship to fellow team members
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Operations Research, or related field required * 6+ years of experience building data pipelines * 2+ years of experience building data frameworks for unit testing, data lineage tracking, and automation * Fluency in Scala or Python and at least one other server-side programming languages (e.g. Java, Go) * Proficiency on Apache Spark * Familiarity with streaming technologies (e.g., Kafka, Kinesis, Flink)
Nice to Have
* Experience with Machine Learning * Familiarity with Looker a plus
Namely was founded in 2012 to create an HR platform as intuitive as social media, but powerful enough to support the complexity of today's workforce. Our belief is that great companies are built on a great employee experience, which is why we created the first HR platform employees love to use. In fact, unlike most traditional HR software, 78% of our clients' employees log in to Namely at least once per month! Namely is backed by some amazing VCs including Sequoia, and serves companies in just about every industry and state nationwide. We love mid-sized companies because they're mission-driven, client-obsessed, and care deeply about their employees... just like us. We believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career, and we're just getting started.
Apply for this Job
First Name *
Last Name *
Drop files here
Attach Dropbox Paste
Drop files here
Attach Dropbox Paste
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Namely are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Gender Please selectMale Female Decline To Self Identify
Are you Hispanic/Latino? Please selectYes No Decline To Self Identify
Please identify your race Please selectAmerican Indian or Alaskan Native Asian Black or African American Hispanic or Latino White Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander Two or More Races Decline To Self Identify
Race & Ethnicity Definitions
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
Veteran Status Please selectI am not a protected veteran I identify as one or more of the classifications of a protected veteran I don't wish to answer
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.
How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
* Blindness * Deafness * Cancer * Diabetes * Epilepsy * Autism * Cerebral palsy * HIV/AIDS * Schizophrenia * Muscular dystrophy * Bipolar disorder * Major depression * Multiple sclerosis (MS) * Missing limbs or partially missing limbs * Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) * Obsessive compulsive disorder * Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair * Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Disability Status Please selectYes, I have a disability (or previously had a disability) No, I don't have a disability I don't wish to answer
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to
Namely is a company developing human resources software solutions.