McKesson has an opportunity in our Irving, TX office for Senior Data Engineer.
The Sr. Data Engineer works primarily in SAP systems/applications
* Plans, conducts, & directs the analysis of business problems to be solved with SAP
* Consults with customers to fully understand business scenarios & impacted business processes
* Partners with users & stakeholders to identify, evaluate, & develop solutions & procedures, which are cost-effective & meet user requirements
* Partners with users & stakeholders to create specifications & identify business requirements for systems & solutions to meet business needs; develops detailed business requirements & explores all available options to drive business value -Understands content, processes & procedures associated with enterprise applications
* Applies functional knowledge to design & customize application systems that enable these functions
* Plans & executes unit, integration, & acceptance testing
* Supports QA activities as needed -Reviews implemented solutions & identifies/resolves associated issues
* Works in a matrixed environment across other technical service areas (EDI, EAI, XI, BI, etc.) & with external contractors.
4+ years in business analysis, requirements definition, and building SAP systems solutions.
* 4+ years of SAP BI experience including both backend BW, HANA and front end Business Objects , Tableau and Hadoop exposure.
* Experience with SQL scripting and relational databases (Snowflake, MSSQL, Oracle, DB2, etc.)
* Experience with, and ability to describe, Data Provisioning concepts, HANA migration processes, and BW development in HANA Studio via the BW Modeling Tools.
* Experience with SDA, SDI, SLT and ECC Extractors
* Sound understanding of ECC Functional Areas
* Experience with design approaches (LSA) and the concepts of Hybrid/Mixed Models.
* Experience with other SAP applications
* Experience in Testing associated with Business Intelligence
* Experience with requirements definition and functional design associated with BI projects
* Understanding and implementation of data warehousing and business intelligence concepts
Additional Knowledge & Skills
* Detailed knowledge of building system solutions in SAP
* Demonstrated process & configuration skills in multiple SAP functional areas
* Good understanding of SAP architecture, SAP solutions & modules
* Ability to work directly with customers to take functional requirements & translate them in to functional specifications within multiple process areas
* Expertise in SAP transactional navigation & configuration in one or more functional areas (e.g., OTC, PTP, FI)
* Proficiency in navigating SAP troubleshooting/monitoring tools (e.g., ST22, SM13, SM59) to assist in the resolution of complex business functional issues
* Proficiency in technical integration with non-SAP systems (e.g., IDOCs, ALE)
* Success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
* Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
* Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
4-year degree, or equivalent experience.
General Office Demands
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is a healthcare services and information technology company.