Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Data Engineer (Machine Learning)
We are looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate data engineers in creating Capital One's next generation of data products and capabilities.
In this role, you will:
* Build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery for our data lake (Amazon S3/Glue/Athena)
* Writing code to create machine learning models from development through testing and validation, then working with tech teams to deploy code
* Transform complex analytical models into scalable, production-ready solutions
* Work directly with Product Owners and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment
* Using keras, Tensorflow, and/or other hot tools for prototyping and building robust, deployable models
* Collaborating with our AI teams to make search and recommendation ever smarter - Learning to Rank(Ranknet, LambdaMART)
* Brainstorming with our design teams to dream up the next cool way to make search and recommendations more empathetic
* Using Spark and related tools to manage the analysis of thousands of datasets and accompanying metadata
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 2 years of experience coding in data management or data warehousing or unstructured data environments
* At least 2 years of experience with big data technologies: Cassandra, Accumulo, HBase, Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB, or Zookeeper
* Master's Degree
* 2+ years with Agile engineering practices
* 2+ years of experience with Keras, Tensorflow, H2O.ai, Spark
* 2+ years of programming experience with Java, Scala, or Python
* 2+ years experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.