Senior Data Engineer
Req #: 190013430
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Cybersecurity & Technology Controls (CTC) delivers streamlined and consistent solutions supporting JPMorgan Chase's Controls and IT Risk agendas with a focus on risk reduction, stability, security, delivery, resiliency and efficiencies. CTC's focus on standardization, consistency and simplicity fosters long-term productivity, quality and innovation across JPMorgan Chase. The disciplines within this organization are Oversight & Controls Technology, Cloud Controls, Resiliency, Security, Identity & Access Management, IT Risk & Controls, and Third Party Risk Management
The Global Identity and Access Management (GIAM) organization within CTC provides access control governance and Identity Services for all lines of business (LOBs) globally, providing the right access to the right people at the right time for all technology platforms and applications supported by CTC, and provides a comprehensive set of applications, tools, and staff to globally implement, monitor and manage technology risk solutions.
We are currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join our Next Generation Engineering Identity Governance team. This person will need broad exposure to multiple technologies to assemble the right solution to a challenging problem. Integration projects are complex and involve collaboration from multiple teams, on different time schedules.
We are a progressive development team within the firm working on technology at a scale that is seldom found elsewhere in the world. We use agile methodologies in our development practices and believe that great software is developed through ongoing thoughtful conversation as opposed to a big upfront design. We are building a technically diverse ecosystem using a mixture of Vendor Products, Custom In house built solutions, Relational DB's, NoSQL DB's, and combining it all through a managed services layer. We're looking for true technologists who are driven by the desire to learn and push the boundaries of technology.
This will require an understanding of requirements, operating models, business flows and data and then partnering with technical specialists to deliver appropriate solutions. There is an implicit ownership and accountability for the solution working as intended.
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented hands-on leader that will:
* Help define Data strategy for the Identity Governance Team while having the technical depth to be able to drive execution of this strategy
* Help deliver high quality analytics and reporting solutions that address business needs by developing data models and architecting database/ETL/ELT designs for various platforms.
* Share expertise on analytics, reporting and integrating third-party software products, information architecture and data management/data engineering/data governance.
* Build out strong relationships with the interfacing application development teams, both upstream and downstream as well as other support teams
* Work with Business, Architects and System Analysts to fully understand the business requirements and translate them into Conceptual, Logical and Physical models
* Lead design reviews of data deliverables such as models, data flows, and data quality assessments
* Guide DB/ETL/ELT developers to deliver high quality solutions in an Agile environment
* Hands on SQL/PLSQL experience to be able to potentially contribute to development of data warehouses/data marts
* Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in IT or a related technical discipline.
* 10+ years of IT experience with a proven track record of success operating in a complex, global, fast paced environment is required.
* Minimum of 5+ years of experience in core Engineering and/or application functions including leading software engineering teams is required.
* 3+ years of strong knowledge in various Big Data technologies and utilities (Hadoop, Spark SQL, Hue, Impala, Kafka) and strong knowledge of analytics and consumption tools
* 5+ years of hands on coding experience in Java/ Python
* 2+ years of AWS development and hosting experience would be a plus
* 3+ years of Experience with data visualization tools (QlikView, Tableau)
* Solid experience in a core Engineering functions at an Enterprise level
* Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
* Experience utilizing and extending ETL/ ELT solutions (e.g., Informatica) in a complex, high-volume data environment
* Strong exposure in Data Management, Governance and Controls functions
* Be proficient in Machine Learning to include: feature extraction, statistical approaches, linear and non-linear classifiers, and deep learning
* Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
* Financial Services background or experience preferred across different LOBs.
* Proficiency across the full range of database and business intelligence tools; publishing and presenting information in an engaging way
* Detail oriented with a commitment to innovation
* Ability to work independently and lead in a matrixed organizational structure
* Demonstrated self-starter with good judgment and resourcefulness
* Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills, skills in dealing with a diverse population.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.