As we continue to deliver and scale content to a global audience of passionate gamers, Riot's Data Discipline has challenges and opportunities centered on designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines that support the organization's growth. Whether you are a data scientist casting a neural net, a data engineer building a hundred node parallelized data pipeline, or a data architect organizing data in ways that make data products more efficient and dependable, we need you. Data Discipline members are constantly innovating and learning new ways to handle information at a global scale, and are only satisfied when delivering value above expectations.
As a subject matter expert in data, your skills are broad, covering aspects of software engineering, systems engineering and mixing it with a deep appreciation for data processing through SQL, Python, and other languages. As a Data Engineer, your knowledge of data pipelines covers the full stack from sourcing data to visualizing it with products like Tableau and/or the latest cloud options such as Amazon Forecasting, Kinesis, etc. Your unique talents will focus on developing data pipelines that collect and process data for the analysts and data scientists you're paired with.
The Infrastructure Platform Team at Riot is responsible for planning and delivering a secure and safely operated public and private cloud, network, compute, and related infrastructure services to all Rioters for self service and frictionless consumption. As a foundational piece for League of Legends and Riot's new games, members of the Infrastructure Platform team make decisions every day that impact the experiences of millions of players. As a Data Engineer on the team, you'll use technologies such as Spark, Kafka, and Elasticsearch to collect, store, and process data from our systems around the world so that we can measure and improve our global footprint of hardware.
* Pull data from Public Cloud APIs such as AWS, Google, and Microsoft
* Connect disparate systems together to allow Riot better visibility into usage and allocations
* Connect usage to economics and cost models for route financial gap analysis comparisons of actuals to forecasts
* 3-5+ years of experience with Python and SQL
* 3-5+ years of experience with Scala, Java or C++
* Experience with data analysis, processing, and validation
* Comfortable working on the Unix command line
* Experience with Dimensional Modeling of relational data
* Working Knowledge of Relational and/or NoSQL Data Structure
* Hands on experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark or Hadoop
* AWS or other cloud provider experience
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.