Hux Senior Data Engineer
Locations: New York, NY - Greensboro, NC - Chicago, IL - Raleigh, Durham, Chapel-Hill, NC
What is Hux? Hux is the Human Experience Platform by Deloitte Digital.
In today's world, customers expect companies to know who they are and what they want. Customers want to have products, services or experiences that best suit their needs delivered to them seamlessly across physical and digital channels.
Customers are human first: driven by dynamic wants, needs, and desires. The ability for brands to make personal, meaningful connections on a human level has never been greater and Hux by Deloitte Digital delivers on those experiences in a way that allows companies to own the customer journey end to end. We help companies connect key data sources to understand what matters most to people; connect to advanced technologies like AI and machine learning to sense and respond to those needs at scale; and connect their systems to unlock insights, create collaboration and drive acquisition, engagement and loyalty. Most importantly, we empower companies to connect with customers in personal, meaningful ways that respect them as people, not just customers.
Hux by Deloitte Digital gives companies the ability to build and leverage the connections - between people, systems, data and technologies - so they can deliver personalized, contextual experiences to customers at scale.
Work you'll do
As a Senior Data Engineer-Hux, you'll design, implement and maintain a full suite of real-time and batch jobs that fuels our cutting-edge AI to provide real-time marketing intelligence to our existing clients.
You'll develop, test and deliver production-grade code to help our clients solve their most critical marketing challenges using cutting-edge big-data tools. You'll also ensure data integrity, resolve production issues, and assist in the support and maintenance of our overall platform.
As you grow your capabilities and learn how to build a platform that can ingest, load and process billions of data points, you'll enjoy new challenges and opportunities to showcase your development skills by joining project teams to build innovative new-client platforms and execute high-value strategic development projects with high visibility.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data pipelines with state-of-the-art monitoring and logging practices.
* Bring together large, complex and sparse data sets to meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
* Design and implement data tools for analytics and data scientist team members to help them in building, optimizing and tuning our product.
* Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures.
* Help in building high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts.
* Use a variety of languages, tools and frameworks to marry data and systems together.
* Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
* Collaborate with Data Scientists, DevOps and Project Managers on meeting project goals.
* Tackle challenges and solve complex problems on a daily basis.
* 8+ years of experience in software development, a substantial part of which was gained in a high-throughput, decision-automation related environment.
* 4+ years of experience in working with big data using technologies like Spark, Kafka, Flink, Hadoop, and NoSQL datastores.
* 3+ years of experience on distributed, high-throughput and low-latency architecture.
* 1+ years of experience deploying or managing data pipelines for supporting data-science-driven decisioning at scale.
* Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
* A successful track-record of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
* Producing high-quality code in Python.
* Passionate about testing, and with extensive experience in Agile teams using SCRUM; you consider automated build-and-test to be the norm.
* Proven ability to communicate in both verbal and writing in a high performance, collaborative environment.
* Follows data development best practices, and enjoy helping others learn to do the same.
* An independent thinker who considers the operating context of what he/she is developing.
* Believes that the best data pipelines run unattended for weeks and months on end.
* Familiar with version control, you believe that code reviews help to catch bugs, improves code base and spread knowledge.
* Ability to travel 5-10% of the time
Helpful, but not required:
* Knowledge in:
* Experience with large consumer data sets used in performance marketing is a major advantage.
* Familiarity with machine learning libraries is a plus.
* Well-versed in (or contributes to) data-centric open source projects.
* Reads Hacker News, blogs, or stays on top of emerging tools in some other way
* Data visualization
* Industry-specific marketing data
* Technologies of Interest:
* Languages/Libraries - Python, Java, Scala, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, HDFS, Parquet.
* Cloud - AWS, Azure, Google
Advertising, Marketing & Commerce
Our Advertising, Marketing & Commerce team focuses on delivering marketing and growth objectives aligned with our clients' brand values for measurable business growth. We do this by creating content, communications, and experiences that engage and inspire their customers to act. We implement and operate the technology platforms that enable personalized content, commerce and marketing user-centric experiences. In doing so, we transform our clients' marketing and engagement operations into modern, data-driven, creatively focused organizations. Our team brings deep experience in creative and digital marketing capabilities, many from our Digital Studios.
We serve our clients through the following types of work:
* Cross-channel customer engagement strategy, design and development
* (web, mobile, social, physical)
* eCommerce strategy, implementation and operations
* Marketing Content and digital asset management solutions
* Marketing Technology and Advertising Technology solutions
* Marketing analytics implementation and operations
* Advertising campaign ideation, development and execution
* Acquisition and engagement campaign ideation, development and execution
* Agile based, design-thinking, user-centric, empirical projects that accelerate results
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20NATCMGRCG214-CM