Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be a key participant in helping our Data team shape the future of Roblox. Your primary responsibility will be building core datasets and developing our best practice.
* 3+ years experience in the data warehouse space
* 3+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
* 3+ years experience with object-oriented programming languages
* 3+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
* 3+ years experience in writing SQL
* Experience analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
* Experience managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients
* Preferably BS/BA in Technical Field, Computer Science or Mathematics
* Preferably experienced with Hive, Spark, and Presto
* Preferably experienced with Python or Java
* Preferably experienced with AWS and Airflow
* Develop the Data Engineering team's best practice
* Design, build and launch new data models in production
* Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production
* Support existing processes running in production
* Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership
* Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution
* Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
* A rewarding 401k program
* Flexible vacation policy
* Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
* Annual CalTrain Go Pass
* A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination.
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.