Zurich is currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer to work out of our North American Headquarters in Schaumburg, Illinois.
This position will be part of an Enterprise Data Initiative Team that will be responsible for leveraging the value of the data assets throughout the organization and will facilitate the development/implementation of the desired end-state data environment. The Enterprise Data Team will also be responsible for improving the organization's decision-making capabilities by providing high quality, transparent data.
The talented Senior Data Engineer will have experience working with very large data sets and knowledge of building programs/mappings that leverage Hadoop and Cloud technology platform(s) and Data warehouses (MPP) platforms. The Engineer will also have significant knowledge of Big Data technologies and tools with the ability to share ideas among a collaborative team.
In this role, she/he will participate on core teams identifying and validating data scenarios within the Enterprise. The candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to develop actionable plans, recognize opportunities and be able to report out on on-going progress. This role will require technical documentation abilities and team coordination skills.
Client Internally Focused - The job's core deliverables rely on delivering service to internal clients, usually at the line manager or employee level. May involve sharing subject matter expertise to others in the organization or supporting others in their efforts to deliver on our promise.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics/Statistics and 6 or more years of experience in the Data Engineering area
* High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Data Engineering area
* Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics/Statistics and 6 or more years of experience in the Data Engineering area
* 5 or more of experience in Enterprise Data Engineering
* Experience in scripting languages
* Experience with data transformation and aggregation tools
* Experience in data analysis, data interrogation or data profiling
* Experience with Cloud platforms and technologies
* Experience in scripting languages including Shell, Perl, Python, R, Java
* Experience with Big Data tools including Storm, Hive, Spark, Map Reduce, Kafka, Flume, Tex, Pig, Oozi
* Experience with ETL technologies; strong SQL and stored procedure skills
* Experience with Dev/Ops
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently and interact effectively as part of a team
* Insurance industry experience
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
EOE Disability / Veterans
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.