1 Broadway (21026), United States of America, Cambridge, Massachusetts
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Data Engineer
The PowerUp Experience Delivery (PXD) Team's seeking to connect users in the Capital One enterprise with simple to use, digitally enriched experiences that are designed to maximize associate productivity. Our teams design, develop, and implement new ways of doing things that alleviate users' headaches and wasted time. To make all of this happen, we have great people with diverse skillsets - including researchers, designers, developers, product owners, and data scientists - all collaborating and working together with a common goal of improving the experience for every user in the Capital One enterprise. We set audacious goals, laugh at danger, break all the rules, show up, blow up, and return to our Fortresses of Solitude when the day is over. If you're super and want to work with super people - you know where to find us.
* Using technologies such as Python, Nifi, Elasticsearch, REST API, AWS, S3, and Spark PySpark to develop and enhance our data infrastructure and pipelines
* Develop back end data solutions to support reporting, analytics, and ML applications
* Wrangle high volumes and variety of data surrounding Capital One's technology environment and the associate tech user experience
* Work directly with Product Owners and end-users to develop solutions in a highly collaborative and agile environment
* Research and develop cutting edge technologies to accomplish goals across the organization, with a passion to learn and grow.
* Help grow and mentor team members on the fine art of data engineering and software abstractions
* Bachelor's Degree
* At least 3 years of experience in Python or Spark
* At least 3 years of experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell or Python
* Master's Degree
* 2+ years of experience delivering analytical data warehouse solutions or fit for purpose data stores
* 3+ years of experience building data pipelines and fit for purpose data stores
* 1+ years of experience working with PySpark, AWS, SQL, Elasticsearch, Database design and Modeling
* 1+ years of experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems