Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
The Sr Data Engineer will be part of an innovative Enterprise Analytics and Data Engineering Team that enables Marketing, Sales, Customer Support and Services to explore outliers and take actions that differentiate us from our competition. You will work closely with other highly collaborative team members like data architects, data scientists, business engagement leads and business analysts to understand what the business is trying to achieve, and design optimal data models, and provide analytical solutions.
This hands-on technical role demands excellent knowledge and can demonstrate best practices in the industry.
* Develop and improve the current data architecture, and improve monitoring.
* Create Optimized and Scalable Data Models (star schemas, snowflakes, etc.) for Enterprise Analytics Solutions.
* Design and Build facts, dimensions, snapshots, SCDs in Redshift using SnapLogic/Pentaho Data Integration.
* Develop ELT/ETL and Implement best practices for ELT/ETL development.
* Create Data Pipelines that are highly optimized with very large data sets.
* Work effectively using scrum with multiple team members to deliver analytical solutions to the business functions.
* Have a high sense of urgency to deliver projects as well as troubleshoot and fix data queries/ issues
* Always be on the lookout to automate and improve existing data processes for quicker turnaround and high productivity
* Experience with designing complex Data Models and Data Engineering Solutions for large scale Data Warehouse/Data Lakes from various heterogeneous Data Sources.
* Experience with Data Integration, Business Intelligence and Analytics tools and/or any other open source and self-service analytics tool (Pentaho Data Integration, Snaplogic Data Integration, Tableau Software experience is Preferred).
* Strong Database Management system knowledge; Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle and NoSQL Databases are needed.
* Experience with AWS technologies stack including S3, Redshift, Glue, RDS, Sagemaker, or similar solutions.
* Expertise in Object Oriented and/or Functional Programming skills (SQL/PLSQL, Java/Scala, Microsoft .Net, Espresso, Python/R, Unix/Linux/Perl scripting,).
* Experience in designing data models with Salesforce, Eloqua, Workday, Marketo, Gainsight, Adobe Analytics is Preferred.
* Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Pair Programming).
* 8+ years of experience with very large scale data warehouse projects
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent is required
* Experience working with APIs to collect or ingest data.
* Strong Database knowledge, Redshift preferred
* Demonstrated academic or professional Statistics and Mathematical skills.
* Experience in languages like Python, R, Java etc
* Write complex SQL for processing raw data, data validation and QA
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.