Job FamilyData Engineering
Job Description SummaryThe Senior Data Engineer is responsible for the design, architecture and support of systems, services and applications required for the collection, storage, processing, and analysis of all forms of data to enable data-driven decisions and outcomes across the enterprise.Job Description
* Work collaboratively with other engineers, data scientists, analytics teams, and business product owners in an agile environment.
* Architect, build, and support the operation of Cloud and On-Premises enterprise data infrastructure and tools.
* Design robust, reusable, and scalable data driven solutions and data pipeline frameworks to automate the ingestion, processing and delivery of both structured and unstructured batch and real-time streaming data.
* Build data APIs and data delivery services to support critical operational processes, analytical models and machine learning applications.
* Assist in selection and integration of data related tools, frameworks, and applications required to expand platform capabilities.
* Understand and implement best practices in management of enterprise data, including master data, reference data, metadata, data quality and lineage.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, engineering, or relevant technical field
* Four years of collective experience in the application of data engineering, data analytics, data warehousing, business intelligence, database administration, and data integration concepts and methodologies
* Three years of experience architecting, building, and administering big data and real-time streaming analytics architectures in on-premises and cloud environments
* Two years of experience architecting, building, and administering large-scale distributed applications
* Two years of experience with Linux operations and development, including basic commands and shell scripting
* Two years of experience with execution of DevOps methodologies and continuous integration/continuous delivery
* Expertise in SQL for data profiling, analysis, and extraction
* Familiarity with data science techniques and frameworks
* Creative thinker with strong analytical skills
* Results oriented with a strong customer focus
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Strong technical communication skills
* Ability to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
* Ability to learn and keep pace with the latest technology advances and quickly grasp new technologies to support the environment and contribute to project deliverables
* Master's degree in a technical field (e.g. computer science, math, engineering)
* Solid understanding of big data and real time streaming analytics processing architecture and ecosystems
* Practical experience with data warehousing architecture and implementation, including hands on experience with source to target mappings and developing ETL code
* Experience with advanced analytics and machine learning concepts and technology implementations
* Experience with data analysis and using data visualization tools to describe data
* Relevant technology or platform certification (AWS, Microsoft, etc.)
* Software development experience in relevant programming languages (i.e. Java, Python, Scala, Node.js)
* Office environment
* Occasional travel
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It's more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways - throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 ("AODA"). Please contact email@example.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.