Carta is hiring experienced data engineers at the Senior, Staff, Senior Staff, and Principal levels in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Seattle, and New York City to build products and services powered by the ownership graph: the central registry of asset ownership across the globe.
As a data engineer at Carta, you'll play a foundational role on Carta's fast-growing Data & Machine Learning organization, working on one of the world's most valuable data sets. You'll spend two thirds of your time working on data engineering and backend software projects, and split the remaining third between DevOps, data science, and machine learning.
Candidates must have strong technical skills, be excited by "zero to one" projects, and enjoy working closely with stakeholders across engineering, product, business, and marketing.
At Carta, you will:
* Enable data scientists to train and deploy machine learning algorithms at scale, in fault-tolerant, highly-available systems
* Use best practices in continuous integration and delivery with Docker and Kubernetes.
* Work closely with application engineers to build data products that power Carta's core applications
* Create data pipelines using batch and streaming tools like Airflow, Spark, Kafka, and Google Pub/Sub
* Uphold our engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
* Roughly 5 (or more!) years of Industry experience on a data or machine learning team
* Proficiency with modern programming languages (Go, Python, Java, Scala, etc.) and SQL
* Some practical experience with probability, statistical modeling, or machine learning
* Backend developer experience optimizing the data access layer in mature web applications
* Experience building and working with real-time compute and streaming infrastructures (Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, Storm, Beam, etc.)
* Experience writing and debugging ETL jobs using a distributed data framework.
* A deep and abiding appreciation for agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
* A collaborative attitude and a helpful personality
Carta is creating the ownership network that maps the world's assets. Check out who we are and how we work here.
At Carta we want to create an environment for Carta's owners - you - to do your best work, by offering competitive benefits and perks:
We are committed to WELLNESS:
* Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
* Competitive PTO and unlimited sick time
We are committed to INVESTING IN YOUR FUTURE:
* 401k matching program
We are committed to A SUPPORTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Commuter benefits
* Catered lunch and unlimited snacks
* Cell phone stipend
We are committed to LIFELONG LEARNING:
* Unlimited reimbursement for work related books
* Fast paced work environment geared towards professional growth
Carta is backed by many of the best investors in the world, including Social Capital (Slack, Intercom, Box), Union Square Ventures (Twitter, Twilio, Coinbase), Menlo Ventures (Uber, Warby Parker), Spark Capital (Oculus VR, Slack, Cruise Automation), Meritech Capital (GoFundMe, Looker, Snowflake), and Tribe Capital.