Twitch is searching for a senior data engineer with an action-oriented mindset and a focus on exceeding expectations, who operates with vision and integrity. A person who understands customer obsession and wants to build a culture of customer-first partnerships across all boundaries, and has the desire to continually evolve the value of Twitch IT's engineering organization. Working closely with business service teams and others in Corporate Engineering, you will have the opportunity to directly impact critical company-wide functions. You will play a key role in building and managing data pipelines, and promoting data and analytics use across many business services from Marketing to Finance, from Sales to Customer Experience. Our goal is to drive efficiencies and productivity while helping the business leverage data to improve insights and decision making.
If you are a candidate that enjoys engaging stakeholders to understand and enhance their business data needs, has the ability to translate complex requirements into a scalable, technical solution and believe in the ability to develop skills and talents of other engineers, then you may be the ideal person for this position.
* Build data pipelines: Managed data pipelines consist of a series of stages through which data flows (for example, from data sources or endpoints of acquisition to integration to consumption for specific use cases). These data pipelines have to be created, maintained and optimized as workloads move from development to production for specific use cases. Architecting, creating and maintaining data pipelines will be the primary responsibility of the data engineer
* Drive Automation through effective metadata management: The data engineer will be responsible for using innovative and modern tools, techniques and architectures to partially or completely automate the most-common, repeatable and tedious data preparation and integration tasks in order to minimize manual and error-prone processes and improve productivity. The data engineer will also need to assist with renovating the data management infrastructure to drive automation in data integration and management
* Collaborate across departments: The newly hired data engineer will need strong collaboration skills in order to work with varied stakeholders within the organization. In particular, the data engineer will work in close relationship with data science teams and with business (data) analysts in refining their data requirements for various data and analytics initiatives and their data consumption requirements
* Participate in ensuring compliance with data classification and handling guidelines: Working with information stewards and participate in vetting and promoting content created in the business to ensure all data comply with Twitch's data classification and handling guidelines
* Become a data and analytics evangelist: The data engineer will be considered a blend of data and analytics "evangelist," "data guru" and "fixer." This role will promote the available data and analytics capabilities and expertise to business unit leaders and educate them in leveraging these capabilities in achieving their business goals
* 5+ years of work experience in data management disciplines including data integration, modeling, optimization, and data quality and/or other areas directly relevant to data engineering responsibilities and tasks
* 2+ years of experience working in cross-functional teams and collaborating with business stakeholders in support of a departmental and/or multi-departmental data management and analytics initiative
* Strong experience with advanced analytics tools for Object-oriented/object function scripting using languages such as Go or Python
* Proven ability to design, build and manage data pipelines for data structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas, metadata, and workload management. The ability to work with both corporate engineering and business service integrating analytics and data science output into business processes and workflows
* Strong experience in working with and optimizing existing ETL processes and data integration and data preparation flows and helping to move them in production
* You can teach us something new! We love to hire people who are way more knowledgeable than us and can be good teachers and mentors
* Experience working on big-data (multi-TB) engineering problems
* Experience working with Amazon Web Services
* Experience building and testing your own user-facing projects and have an intuition about both user behavior and product design
* Experience working with BI tools such as Tableau or Einstein
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.