* Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: No
* Job ID: 19030431
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi's Treasury and Trade Solutions group is built on the power of our network. Citi Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS), provides integrated cash management and trade finance services to multinational corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations across the globe. With a full range of digital and mobile enabled platforms, tools and analytics, TTS continues to lead the way in delivering innovative and tailored solutions to its clients. TTS offers the industry's most comprehensive suite of treasury and trade solutions including cash management, payments, receivables, liquidity management and investment services, working capital solutions, commercial card programs, trade finance and services.
* TTS counts 80% of Global Fortune 500, over 1,100 public sector entities and thousands of financial institutions amongst its diverse client base
* Doing business In 160 countries and jurisdictions, and transacting in over 140 currencies, TTS processes some USD 4.0 trillion of client payments everyday
* Collaborates with clients to deliver next-generation financial solutions using TTS Innovation Labs
Application / Team Overview:
Hiring a Senior Development lead in Data Technology within Treasury & Trade Solutions' Technology organization. The Data Team is part of a broader organization called Data, Innovation and Architecture. The candidate will be responsible for leading a global initiative to enhance our Data Management capabilities enabling superior analytics, client experience, and regulatory reporting and data science solutions across business lines globally using a Cloud Service provider.
The candidate will work closely with the Big Data, Global Information Warehouse technology teams, and interface with other lines of business in order to deliver on Citi's global data strategy.
The candidate will work on latest technologies such as Hadoop Big Data eco-system, Cloud Technology, Real-time processing and Analytics.
The Senior Development Lead candidate will have a strong background in Data Technology with hands-on experience in Data Architecture, Data Management and Data Operations including data ingestion, data validation, data quality, data standards adoption and data modelling. The candidate will oversee the end-to-end software development, continuous integration and continuous deployment, meeting a high level of code quality working within established timelines and Engineering Excellence best practices. Some experience with Cloud technology
The candidate will provide leadership and mentor staff to deliver on Citi's Global Data Strategy initiative for our TTS Businesses.
Areas of Responsibility include requirements' analysis, prioritization and roadmap definitions and working closely with other Development Managers globally to define and implement solutions and full project management and delivery responsibility including post-production support.
The ideal candidate will be dependable and resourceful software professional who can comfortably work in a large development team in a globally distributed, dynamic work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork and collaboration. The ability to work in high-pressured environment is essential.
* Bachelor's degree (in Science, Computers, Information Technology or Engineering)
* At least 15+ years overall IT experience with 1+ years with various Cloud Service Providers
* Successful track record of working on large scale project spanning multiple applications as a development manager, responsible for all aspects of application management
* Successful track record of managing and mentoring teams spanning multiple locations and responsible for hiring, performance management, compensation and forecasting
* Successful candidate will have a track record of career started as a developer and leading to a dev manager role
* Experience in dealing with vendors and selecting software solutions
* Experience in working with business and technology at senior level (D/MD)
* Ability to work under high-pressure situations and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment that includes a global focus
Technical / Functional Proficiency:
* 10+ years' experience working in Data Technology in either Data Architecture, Data Warehousing or Data Management/ Data Operations
* Minimum 1 year with Google Cloud (DataProc or BigQuery) or AWS - EMR/Cloudera on EC2
* 3 years' experience with Hadoop Spark using Scala/Java and Cloudera Hadoop 5.x / 6.x.
* 3 years' experience with real time messaging and ingestion including Kafka
* Experience with developing frameworks and utility services including logging/monitoring using ELK or similar
* Working experience with Big Data (HBase/Impala/Hive) No-SQL databases.
* Hands on experience with open source software platforms Linux
* Experience with Oracle and/or MYSQL database application development
* Agile build and deploy DevOps experience preferred
Citigroup is a diversified financial services holding company that provides various financial products and services.