Dupont Fabros Technology
This role offers you the opportunity to showcase your project management expertise and technical skill to make a direct impact at the largest wholesale data center provider in the world. As Implementation Services Manager - East, you will assist and provide technical oversight / guidance to local property engineering teams through your project management and task tracking activities. Working cross-functionally with our Property Management, Technical Operations and Sales teams, you will coordinate the deployment and installation of equipment and infrastructure within a data center or colocation environment. It will be
your mission to ensure these deployments are completed on time, on budget and error-free. If you are eager to work on multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, then we look forward to hearing from you.
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
* Ten years' experience in the deployment of fixtures and infrastructure in a raised floor data center environment (preferably in the Telco, Colo, or Hosting industry)
* Expert level knowledge of rack, cage, electrical distribution, and data cable infrastructure
* Bachelor's degree (BA!BS) (or equivalent experience) required
* PMP certification preferred
* BCSI or other data center specific certifications desired
* Expert level knowledge in reading/interpreting construction plans, one-line drawings, and construction specifications
* Experience working with material vendors, and inventory management/vendor managed inventory (VMI)
* Ability to create specifications and scopes of work
* Expert level proficiency in the use of MS Productivity tools, including Word, Access, Excel, Visio
* Expert level proficiency with project management software
* Working knowledge of Cost Accounting
* Experience in customer deployments in Colo or Hosting industry
* Proven ability to project manage effectively, and to take corrective action when needed
* Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems supporting a critical environment
* Able to effectively respond, verbally or written, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Able to make effective presentations and respond to questions from groups of clients, customers and the general public
* Customer service skills
* Ability to track costs for all projects, using purchase orders and other tracking methods
* Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work
* Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills
* Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, mission critical facilities environment
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and openness to new ideas and procedures
* This is a regional position, supporting the Eastern US. Work location is flexible, however preference to those residing northern VA, reporting to the Ashburn, VA campus.
* You should also be willing and able to travel approximately 35-50% of the time.
The Implementation Service Manager's primary responsibility is project management of customer implementations in a data center raised floor environment. This typically includes the installation of racks, electrical distribution, cages, containment systems, and data cable infrastructure. The Deployment Manager will manage multiple simultaneous projects across several data centers in their region using standard project and construction management best practices.
The primary responsibility is to use standard project management and construction best practices to ensure all deployments are completed on time, in budget, and error-free.
Additional specific responsibilities include:
* Create a project plan for each customer deployment
* Track the deployment and update the project plan
* Create a bill of materials and scope/spec for each sub-trade required to implement the customer requirements
* Provide a budget to actual cost analysis for each project
* Coordinate the work with the local property team, ensure the local team has all required information to bid and purchase any outstanding contracts
* Manage existing supply chains and make recommendations for improvements
* Manage supply chain inventory against outstanding projects/orders
* Track vendor managed inventory (VMI) against outstanding orders to ensure inventory levels are maintained
* Manage material vendors and contractors
* Work with vendor managed inventory, to track and maintain appropriate levels of inventory
* Develop SOWs for same, review and coordinate pricing and contracts with local property teams
* Manage, direct and coordinate the activities of internal or contracted personnel or third parties who are providing services or performing work for the deployment projects.
* Qualify vendors and implement the company's procurement procedures including tendering projects, using RFPs, purchase orders, and cost tracking templates
* Obtain and negotiate pricing for services in conjunction with the Real Estate Manager and/or Regional Technical Operations Manager
* Track vendor performance against contracts and SLAs
* Provide a point of escalation for local property teams and provide support for vendor and contractor disputes and issues
* Provide Technical and Project Oversight and support to the property and data center managers
* Provide technology and process training for local teams
* Coordinate with vendors and contractors to provide trade and product specific training for local teams
* Provide issue resolution, expedite orders, and facilitate cross functional communication such as coordination of customer change requests
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day-above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
About Dupont Fabros Technology
Leading owner, developer, operator and manager of enterprise-class, carrier neutral, large multi-tenant wholesale data centers.