Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 27021
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): N/A
Relocation offered: Yes
Travel required: None
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
Data & Analytics have taken center stage Capital Group and consequently Information Architecture is growing! We deliver the architectures to handle our information lifecycle and set the strategy for Analytics & Machine Learning (ML) capabilities. As a Data Architect, you'll support the needs of teams across Capital Group while providing the expertise needed to deliver quality information and analytics solutions. You will have opportunities to expand your career into exciting new directions and have an impact on our enterprise strategies for information.
What You Will Do:
* Create data architectures spanning Data Warehouse, Big Data, Master Data Management (MDM), and Advanced Analytics (i.e. ML, Cognitive) technologies working with solution architects and application teams.
* Gather data and analytics requirements from business partners, application teams and other solution/domain architects and identify the appropriate architecture patterns required
* Provide expertise in data profiling, metadata governance, data specification, data flow mappings, and enterprise data models.
* Contribute to advancing our data and analytics reference architectures and design guidelines
* Research, understand and stay ahead of technology trends as it relates to data architecture and analytics, including ML, ArtificiaI Intelligence (AI) and other analytics trends, and share that research within architecture and ITG
* Develop and promote data architecture standards, guidelines, procedures and repeatable and scalable frameworks.
* Actively participate in The Capital Group Architecture practice.
What You Bring:
* 5-10 years of experience in IT architecture and/or solution delivery
* Strong data analysis, data modeling, data warehousing, and ETL/ELT skills
* Experience with or in depth knowledge of database and big data platforms (RDMBS, MPP, Hadoop, NoSQL)
* Learning agility with a dream to grow your skills in Advanced Analytics (ML, Hadoop, Spark, Python, Data Science, etc.)
* Deep understanding of financial services with experience in asset management industry preferred
* Ability to partner with development teams through outstanding collaboration and communication
* Ability to work independently and drive your own tasks, dependencies and deadlines
* Ability to stay up to date with technology and business trends, strategies and product roadmaps through independent research
* A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and a strategic mindset
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Data Architect, Database, Data Management, Developer, Data, Technology, Research
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.