* Primary Location: United States,New Jersey,Jersey City
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: No
* Job ID: 19020926
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
* TTS Cloud Engineering Group is beginning a multi-year effort to migrate all TTS applications to a Private cloud. The Senior Data Architect position plays a key role in providing key architectural, data process, migration and integration support. This person needs to foster innovative thinking and very high focus on quality and timeliness of deliverables working closely with application and database team, as well as Business partners. This position will serve as a key liaison between Business stakeholders and IT, working closely with business groups to understand their needs and define system requirements through fact finding and research.
* The candidate will lead requirements gathering, systems analysis and cost/benefits analysis to align data architecture and solutions with Business initiatives. This position is critical to driving the strategic value of data infrastructure. The position requires a hands-on approach to solving problems and have deep knowledge of Data Architectures and Warehouse methodologies in a cloud or On-Prem Implementation.
* This person will be the knowledge base for all data in the TTS Enterprise.
* The position is based in Jersey City, NJ reporting to the Head Cloud Engineering and Architecture, also based in Jersey City.
* As part of large, geographically distributed team(s), the candidate will work with stakeholders across multiple functional areas.
* The position requires analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material, technical or business or otherwise, from multiple sources and create solutions out of them.
* Collaborate with data practitioners across Citi's Institutional Clients Group. Design and drive development and enrichment of core data.
* Work closely with product owners to develop client solutions for new and existing channels.
* Grow our catalogue of common assets, such as Data Catalogs and models.
Responsible for aligning data solutions to business requirements by planning and managing data architecture work. Coaches others on data architecture matters. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Transform our data architecture for massive scale and high performance.
* Help evangelize high quality software engineering practices towards building data infrastructure and pipelines at scale.
* Design data models for optimal storage and retrieval and optimize the data architecture to meet critical product and business requirements
* Sets direction for the use of industry-accepted data architecture practices and techniques both within the enterprise and among external business partners.
* Sets direction for the use and periodic review of data architecture principles, standards, guidelines and concepts throughout the enterprise.
* Aligns enterprise and industry data solutions to achieve competitive advantage and establish the necessary framework to accomplish this.
* Collaborates with allied disciplines to ensure the integration of modeling tools and work practices across the enterprise.
* Maps the systems and interfaces used to manage data sets, set standards for data management
* Analyzes current state and conceives desired future state; and conceives projects needed to close the gap between current and future goals.
* The data architect will need to be able to address issues of data migration (validation, clean-up and mapping), and understanding the importance of data dictionaries
* Coordinate with Business partners, Technical Analysts and Developers to identify and define specifications, indicate areas of system impact and continuously communicate project status and needs.
* Manages change control processes, and ensures program/project communications.
* Ability to astutely operate in the organization, and being able to emphasize methodology, modelling and governance.
* Ability to work closely with the users, systems designers and the developers on a project both in Agile & SDLC methodology
* Have a hands-on approach to solving problems; when required, be able to lead-by-example-type of person in developing snippets of the SQLs, any code references that team can use and follow.
* Have deep knowledge of data architectures, ODSs, Data warehouses and methodologies. Both in an on premise and cloud implementation
* Be able to architect, design and develop data models (actual models, DDLs and as required be able to create physical structures of those models).
* Strong leadership, communications and presentation skills with the ability to clearly communicate status to senior management team
* Good working knowledge of data models and be able to use any industry leading data modeling tools to create data models and update them as needed.
* Need to be able to have an end-to-end vision, and to see how a logical design will translate into one or more physical databases, and how the data will flow through the successive stages involved.
* Expert in any of the Data Modelling tools like Erwin or Information Builder.
* Experience in the financial services industry
* Experience with CI/CD build pipelines and toolchain - Git, BitBucket, TeamCity, Artifactory, Jira
* Bachelor's degree (in in Math, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics or equivalent)
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.