The Identity security investigations team mission is to eliminate fraudulent accounts and prevent account compromise across all of Microsoft's Identity systems - consumer and enterprise, on any device and service.
Identity is the new control plane: all Microsoft services rely on Azure Active Directory and Microsoft Account to authenticate their users, and our goal is to keep all users safe. Every single day, our detection systems and machine learning algorithms evaluate and risk score more than 10 billion logins for more than 700 million users, stopping more than 30 million account compromises every day and millions of fraudulent account sign-ups. Users on Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, Outlook, Azure, and at millions of enterprise desks around the world rely on us to keep their identities - and all the services and assets they allow access to - safe from cyber criminals.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team who is passionate about data and security. Your job would entail diving through mountains of data and extracting insights to help us understand the ever-changing environment of identity compromise and abuse. Take a blank canvas made of terabytes of information and create smart algorithms that can detect the bad actors trying to sneak through the holes while maximizing the good users' productivity and usability.
Do you love big data and the challenges it entails? Do you like the idea of applying your technical skills to protect millions of Microsoft customers from malicious hackers? Would you like be part of team of smart, talented and mission driven people? Then this job is for you!
* A bachelor's degree in computer science or quantitative domain related technical field.
* 5+ years' experience as a data scientist or ML engineer.
* Background in machine learning, expert systems and data analytics
* Proficiency in querying language/big data systems (SQL, Cosmos, Azure Data Lake, Hadoop, etc.)
* Strong communication skills. Love for collaboration and teamwork
* Graduate degree in computer science, machine learning, statistics or quantitative domain
* Knowledge of programming (C#, C++, Java) and data analytics languages (R, Python)
* Previous experience in any of the following: identity systems, security, threat intelligence, fraud or abuse.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Improving existing algorithms and create new ones to detect and prevent identity compromise and abuse. Analyze new data sources and find new patterns that can be transformed into a new automated detection.
* Set up and track metrics to assess the quality of our detections, so we can improve and adapt in real time.
* Collaborate with engineering and partner teams to build the Microsoft Security graph. Leverage data gathered by the different teams and services to build new detection algorithms.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.