The Data Services team is a core competency of IT that enables AssetMark Financial to deliver a platform for independent financial advisors to build great businesses. At the heart of this platform is an Enterprise Data Hub. The EDH acts as the firm's single source of truth for data and is the foundation for all data and analytical reporting, dashboards and KPIs.
The Senior Data Analyst will act as part of Data Services Platform team that is responsible for the design, development and management of the company's database and data warehouse platforms. The successful candidate will be part of a team that ingests, models, prepares, stores and disseminates data throughout the organization line of business systems, strategic business partners and management.
* Responsible for designing, developing and deploying of data preparation processes to be utilized for data warehouses/repositories/big data platforms, self-service reporting solutions, scorecards and dashboards on financial data using analytical and visualization tools.
* Understand business requirements - translate and use complex data sources that needs to be blended, cleaned, structured and enriched into a desired output for analysis and utilized to deliver efficient and quality reports/ dashboards using various BI tools
* Comfortable to work collaboratively with multiple application development teams.
* Big Picture thinker with the ability to execute with details. Serve as the technical subject-matter expert for the assigned scrum teams.
* Promote and evaluate use of software development best practices (including automated unit testing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Dev Ops)
* Work in an object-oriented, multi-developer environment with version control, change management and continuous improvement protocols.
* Minimum 3 years working as a Senior Data Analyst
* Minimum 1 year of Microsoft Azure/AWS development/implementation experience - REQUIRED
* 2+ years of experience with Big Data concepts and common components including Azure, Spark and multiple languages (Java, Scala, Python, R) and integration with consumption tools.
* Advanced SQL, PowerShell and/or Python scripting experience.
* Strong technology background with 5+ years of ETL and SQL coding experience
* 3+ years of .Net (C#, VB Script) OR Java application development experience
* 3+ years of ETL coding experience using SSIS, Azure Data Factory and other tools
* Experience in trouble shooting and resolving issues with existing systems
* Experience designing high performing database queries / indexes and troubleshooting database performance issues.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to deliver in a fast-paced and goals-based environment with time-bound deliverables
* Ability to work flexible hours to meet deadlines
* Skilled in collaboration, enjoys working with others and achieving results as a team
* Passion and demonstrated experience in delivering results and meeting business goals in a matrix and cross functional environment
* Work with Onshore and Offshore vendor teams including development and QA resources
* MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
* Strong hands-on experience in Paxata or other data profiling technologies.
* Undergraduate degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Data Science
* 1+ years of Spark development
* Azure Databricks experience
* Experience in analysis of financial services data strongly preferred
* Facilitation/presentation experience and ability to properly communicate with Business and Technical audience
AssetMark, Inc. is a leading strategic provider of groundbreaking investment and consulting solutions created to serve independent financial advisors and help them create great outcomes for their clients. Through a consistent program of engagement, education and community-building, AssetMark brings like-minded advisors together to share their ideas, experiences and solutions. This collaboration guides our development of investment, client relationship and practice management tools that advisors can tap to help clients achieve their investment objectives and life goals.
We are always seeking bright, creative, energetic individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. AssetMark is an innovative organization, delivering the best services in the industry. We offer a rewarding work environment, competitive salaries, full benefits, and excellent opportunities for career growth. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area. We also have regional offices in Phoenix, AZ, Encino, CA, Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, and State College, PA. Become a part of our growing team today!