Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Join our Irvine software development team as a Senior Data Analyst supporting our successful Employee Benefits line of business. Work with an experienced team to design, develop and implement new ETL, business intelligence and data tools. Our team of software developers and analysts are responsible for helping the Insurance division make the most of its information using web applications, data transformation, data warehousing, visualization, data analysis, reporting and predictive analytics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Gather client requirements, analyze, design and create data management solutions using Microsoft SQL and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
* Prepare detailed specifications from which complex programs will be written.
* Develop and integrate MS SQL code to meet the design specifications for simple to moderately complex enhancements or change requests.
* Perform thorough unit testing and correct identified defects.
* Work with the testing team to resolve issues and to ensure software quality.
* Provide application support including complex problem research, analysis, resolution and on-call support.
* Recommend improvements to existing software programs.
* Adhere to Software Development Life Cycle Standards (SDLCS) and applicable Data and Technology Services Policies and Standards.
* Provide guidance and training to less experienced developers and analysts.
* Regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Five years of overall professional experience, including at least three years of experience developing software with Microsoft SQL and Microsoft SSIS technologies
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or equivalent education and related training
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated strong attention to detail
* Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
* Ability to train others
* Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
* Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
Desired Skills and Competencies:
* Two years of experience in an Agile or Lean organization
* Five years of eBusiness or Information Technology experience
* Experience with reporting and analytics software such as Tableau or Microstrategy
* Experience in the Insurance, Human Resources or Health Care industries
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify