How do cyber terrorists get past the industry's best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Laurel, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer who has experience being a liaison with customers for the purpose of gathering system requirements and general user outreach. This position is to augment an existing metrics collection team and a background in developing/analyzing system level metrics is desired.
* Shall have twelve (12) years experience in system engineering. Seven (7) years experience shall have occurred within the past ten (10) years.
* Shall have two (2) years experience in the cleared environment.
* Experience in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/nontechnical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
* Customer Engagement
* Developing/Analyzing system metrics
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to four (4) years experience. A Master's Degree in a technical field will be considered equivalent to six (6) years experience. NOTE: A degree in Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Information Systems, Program Management, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field.
Security Clearance: Must have active TS/SCI w/Poly Clearance
* Desired - Experience in developing documentation required to support a program's technical issues and training situations.
* Desired - Five (5) years experience with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use.
* Desired - Five (5) years experience integrating COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
* Desired - Seven (7) years experience leading, providing technical supervision, and guiding mid-level engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule, four (4) years of which shall have been on NSA projects.
* Desired - Five (5) years experience with systems architectures in a service oriented environment with a preference of three (3) years experience in an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) environment.
* Desired - Five (5) years experience using agile and/or spiral development models.
* Desired - Five (5) years experience in developing, delivering, testing and supporting integrated hardware and software systems with functions requirements within a CMMI Level 2 structure.
* Desired - Five (5) years experience in developing systems performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirement for mid-to-large scale programs.
* Desired - Five (5) years experience "wrapping" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
* Desired - Five (5) years experience developing solutions that integrate and extend COTS products.
* Desired - Knowledge and experience with developing distributed storage routing and querying algorithms.
* Desired - Experience implementing storage area networks, data warehouses and data marts.
* Desired - Experience designing, developing, testing, evaluating, and integrating information systems into SOA or on to ESB architectures.
* Desired - Experience optimizing storage, retrieval, backup, and retention strategies across globally distributed, high throughput, text and multimedia storage within clustered or cloud environments
* Desired - Experience evaluating project needs, determining tasks and durations and allocating resources.
* Desired - Experience implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access.
* Desired - Five (5) years experience developing solutions certified and accredited at a Director of Central Intelligence Directive (DCID) 6/3 PL3 plus Annex E with Integrity Level of Concern (ILOC) Medium and Availability Level of Concern (ALOC) Medium.
* Desired - Experience optimizing distributed, high throughput text and multimedia storage systems; sustainment, modernization and migration of legacy storage systems to modern storage systems; e.g., Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) solutions; semantically-enriched storage solutions implementing data labeling/data-tagging, Questions focused Datasets; Cloud computing, Target Knowledge Bases, Enterprise Knowledge Bases; data mining analytics.
* Desired - Knowledge and experience with internals of HDFS, HADOOP, and/or Google's BIG TABLE.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.