Cubic Global Defense
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: The Senior Cyber Security Engineer provides leadership, team coordination, and subject matter expertise in the provision of Information Assurance (IA) and Cybersecurity (CS) support for Assessment and Authorization (A&A) of risk management framework (RMF) accreditation package and artifact generation. The primary function of this role includes requirements analysis, Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) plans and execution, risk assessments, systems analysis and hardening, incident response and policy analysis, trusted product evaluations, IA program assessments, and security posture presentations. This position provides analytical support for the development and submission of C&A documentation in compliance with DIACAP or RMF requirements. This position applies expertise in technology, analyze the security implications of systems and applications security, and provide recommendations to decision makers and engineers. While this position works independently, it will support activities of the Principal Cyber Security Engineer as needed. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Administer computing devices/systems that enforce security policies and audit controls in Windows, Linux and Cisco environments
* Assist in responses to external audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
* Participate in the application of fixes, patches and disaster recovery procedures in the event of a security breach
* Track, assess, and validate Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVMs), Secure Technical Information Guidelines (STIGs), and new policies as necessary
* Support updates to documentation, Vulnerability Management System (VMS), Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS), Xacta IA Manager when required
* Understand and Implement policies, standards, laws, and regulations regarding technical aspects with respect to Information Security
* Support requirements to re-accredit DoD Information Technology and Platform Systems
* Participate in continuous process improvement efforts
* Familiarity with application and network security
* Must be able to perform hands-on support for a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to: SEIM, IDS/IPS, HIDS, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, logical access controls, identity and access management, data loss prevention, content filtering technologies, application firewalls, vulnerability scanners, LDAP, forensics software and security incident response
Minimum Job Requirements:
This job is at a cleared site, candidates must be US persons, which include U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents. Four year college degree in Computer Science or related field plus a minimum of five years of related experience including three years in a system administration (e.g., Network, Windows) role and three years in information security. Must have experience working with compliance and regulatory program requirements. Must have experience analyzing network, event and security logs, and/or IDS alert logs. Must have proven organizational skills, specifically managing multiple tasks. Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills, applied with a solution-focused attitude are required. Excellent written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to write with purpose, clarity, and accuracy are expected. Incumbent must have excellent teamwork skills. Though not required, any of the following licenses or certificates is preferred: CISSP, CISA, CEH, CSSLP, CHFI, CCSP, GCIH, GCIA, PMP, ITIL v3, CompTIA Security +.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic Corporation is a provider of integrated technology solutions to government and commercial customers.