The One Engineering System (1ES) team inside Microsoft's Cloud and AI division is looking for a Customer Reliability Engineer to drive user satisfaction and support process alignment across our services. In this role you will work with Engineering System teams from across the company to drive improvement in the tooling and processes that support the 56K engineering professionals inside Microsoft. You will be a part of the Site and Customer Reliability Engineering team, that leads world-class customer reliability engagements, modern customer-first experiences at scale, and drives deep customer insights and empathy into the extended 1ES Engineering organization.
In this role you will manage across the breadth of 1ES offerings and customer base, as well understand the core 1ES services diagnosing and troubleshooting mission critical customer workflows. You will work with our suppliers, to insure they are fully trained on the 1ES systems and are able to support customers at scale within published service level agreements and quality measures. Additionally, this role will be responsible for the self-help strategy for the 1ES toolset.
We believe that being a great team member is as important as being a great technologist. We strive to live in a world where everyone on the team has an equal voice, is empowered to innovate and can make a big impact. While there are many tools in the toolbox, we are passionate about Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Culture of Experimentation and Lean/Agile as a way of operating.
If you want to be part of shaping the future of software development at Microsoft and the industry and this sounds like the right environment for you - join us!
We try not to have too many formal qualifications, since mindset and demonstrated ability are more important, but previous successful candidates will have some or all of the following:
* Strong, demonstrable development and/or cloud services expertise
* Awareness of, and ability to reason about, modern software & systems architectures, including load-balancing, queueing, caching, distributed systems failure modes generally, microservices, and so on.
* Fluency in one or more programming languages (PowerShell, VB, VBScript, C#, etc.)
* Communication skills that allow you to take lead and control the executive communication with customers, internal Microsoft stake holders and suppliers.
* Demonstrates strategic thinking, quantitative and analytical skills, team leadership, and collaboration
* Excellent problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision-making skills
* Desired Strong knowledge of Windows Platform or Linux, developer tools and ability to diagnose and debug user code
* Experience with managing and prioritizing multiple tasks in accordance with high level objectives/projects.
* Desired BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Serve as dedicated Customer Reliability Engineer to implement support processes that scale to 56K internal engineering professionals in Microsoft.
* Collaborate closely with Site Reliability/Engineering/PM to ensure the availability and performance of Live Site and the satisfaction of our customers
* Participate in on call coverage rotation for support
* Improve Customer experience by analyzing signals from various sources, driving improvements in the 1ES support processes and tooling.
* Identify and drive requirements for increased customer self-supportability
* Identify and drive implementation of customer centric mitigation levers and playbooks
* Excellent collaboration, organizational, time management skills.
* Data driven with a focus on business results for projects undertaken.
* Demonstrated ability to develop key partnerships.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.